Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Curious. How many of you have your own long arm machines?

That's a wonderful idea! How do we start one if there isn't already?
    Deb M

I have a viking 18x8 on imperial frame with a Qbot. Love them.

I would love to have a long arm but my sewing room is only 10 x 12 - I wouldn't have room to move! I did find however after years of quilting on my Bernina that a mid arm machine does the trick - I have a Baby Lok Quilters Pro that is simply fabulous. Although it won't handle the big quilts in one piece, if I do the large ones in sections (where you section your batting), I find that it works great.

Blog Entries
    I have an HQ18 ProStitcher. I really must learn how to use it. It sits there and looks at me.

Lynn
    Start the Process
    Don't fail because you
    are afraid to
    Start the Process

I have the same and love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by nana2madmax View Post
    I have a Gammill Vision 18. Love it!

I have an A-1, with 12 foot table.

I have a Tin Lizzie Queen Quilter 18, with a stitch regulator, on a Pinnacle table. I have done many Quilts for Kids and my set up has been a hand, arm and back saver. And allowed me to do many more quilts than I could possibly have done on my regular machine. I recently had to replace the track on the table. The Grace Co. was very helpful with getting the track to me quickly. And the Tin Lizzie Co. has always been helpful with questions I had. I am 71 and I put this together by myself. I reinstalled the track by myself. I admit I do have to have help lifting the machine off of and back onto the trolly. It is too heavy for me to lift alone.

I have a gammil/singer on a 14' frame takes up half my den but I love her!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I quilted a baby quilt before coming to work this morning and pinned in another.

I have an ABM Innova 26. I don't have enough time to get enough practice time in, though. I've had it a couple of years and am still very much in the learning stage.

I have a HQ Avante and we have become friends. I quilt mainly for myself but people have asked me to quilt for them and the bit of extra money is NICE. I make a lot of quilts for charity mostly kids.

No, I have no desire to own a longarm. Too expensive, no place to put it.
    I would rather choose fabric, piece a quilt, then pass my quilt on to a LAQ.
    I make 4-5 quilts a year, usualy crib/lap quilts, it is much cheaper to send them out.

Quote Originally Posted by JNCT14 View Post
    I would love to have a long arm but my sewing room is only 10 x 12 - I wouldn't have room to move! I did find however after years of quilting on my Bernina that a mid arm machine does the trick - I have a Baby Lok Quilters Pro that is simply fabulous. Although it won't handle the big quilts in one piece, if I do the large ones in sections (where you section your batting), I find that it works great.
    My room is about this size and I put in an Avante with a 10 foot table on casters. The flexibility with the casters allows repositioning easily and I have no problem moving around or sitting at the sewing machine along the long wall. The room is pretty full but the doors keep it hidden away. No one goes there but me anyway.

I have a Pfaff GrandQuilter 18.8, which I understand is the same workings as the Tin Lizzie 18 and Vilking 18.8. On an Inspira frame. Still working on my own quilts - have done only one quilt for another quilter, a very good friend - she ended up not liking the top she finished and knew I was looking for some 'practice' quilting - she didn't care how the quilting turned out. This quilt is now a joint donation as a raffle quilt for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation - one of our co-workers has a toddler with Type-1 diabetes and she does a lot of work locally to help bring the families together and to raise funds for research.

I hope that one day I'll get enough practice to offer custom quilting - just not enough hours in the day!
    Linda
    http://quiltingbiker.blogspot.com

Hi Quilters,
    I have the Gammill Statler Premier.
    Mavis

Dragged mine to Chile! :-)

Got one of the very first HQ16's and have always loved it plus their fantastic support. Since retired to SA 3 yrs ago I have Skyped them several times even tho my machine is about 10 years old. They always are helpful! And the machine has needed nothing and sews wonderfully. I do my own and charity quilts plus I let new 'quilt infectees' use it. I don't want to quilt for others but will happily let others use it with a little tutorial and they buy the thread. It is like an old Singer, unkillable and the software is pretty basic. Practice on those give away pieces and go forth and enjoy.
    Suzie
    Author; I Don't Know Where I Want to Be -But it Isn't Here!

I have Avante 18 by HQ love it.
    Love Projects You Guys Have Done

I don't have room for a long arm, but the HQ sweet 16 does long good and doesn't take up too much room, maybe one day.

I have a new Ansley 26DSL. I am just learning to use it.

Blog Entries
    i have a husqvarver viking 18x8 on imperial frame with quiltsewclever.

Blog Entries
    An HQ Avante 18 lives at my house. It provides great storage space. About once a quarter I clean it off, quilt a pile of tops, then go back to piecing for another few months while the frame returns to a storage shelf mode.

Quote Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt View Post
    On my wish list !!!!!
    Same here.
    Jeanann

Theres nothing wrong with me a little chocolate won't fix.

Banned
    Due to the cost, I wouldn't buy one, but If I were ever lucky enough to win one (I'm in a drawing for one right now - fingers crossed! lol) I wouldn't turn it down, that's for sure! I have no problem quilting on my home machine, but a long arm sure would be fun to have around too.

I have considered getting one but at the present time I think I can have a lot of quilts quilted for the price of a LA.
    Lorraine

Not me, I use my Bernia for everything and it is from 1980. Love the free motion quilting on it

Don't have a LA. I use the Flynn quilting frame system. Love it!!! Look it up, you might be able to use this system if you don't have much space.
    Last edited by Glenda m; 02-22-2012 at 07:15 AM.
    You can get older, but you never have to grow up! Tomorrow's just a future yesterday!-Greg Fergerson

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast