Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Cutting machines - looking for feedback >

Cutting machines - looking for feedback

Cutting machines - looking for feedback

Old 10-12-2010, 06:00 AM
Power Poster

I have the Alto Quilt 2. It's very well made. I still have trouble getting exact same size with every cut. You have a thin metal guide to line up next to the fabric edge and getting it in the exact same place for each cut is not happening for me.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I have the Alto Quilt 2. It's very well made. I still have trouble getting exact same size with every cut. You have a thin metal guide to line up next to the fabric edge and getting it in the exact same place for each cut is not happening for me.
I have had the same problem. However, when I look at the price of the dies for the Accuquilt I gasp. So I will continue with my Alto Quilt 2 and use the measure twice and cut once theory. If I ever win the lottery, I'll buy an Accuquilt!

:lol:
Old 10-12-2010, 06:52 AM

Here is a link for cutting fabric w/ the cricut for those interested.
http://video.search.yahoo.com/search...ic+with+cricut
Old 10-12-2010, 06:52 AM

I would love an accuquilt, but I know the expense of the machine to begin with and then I would want all the dies to go with it.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:17 AM

jhittlesewing.com has Accucut Go for 244.00, and it comes with 3 dies & no shipping charge. The other dies range from 17.49 to 55.00. No shipping charge if you spend at least 100.00. Good, fast service. No tax if you don't live in KY.

Check out their sales the week you buy for other things you might need/want to take advantage of not paying the shipping charges.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:16 AM

I have the Accuquilt Go as well. I adore this machine and it not only saves me time but pain in cutting them out. They have just come out with a Baby Go that's less expensive and smaller but some of the original dies work. Tons of video's on YouTube to show you how to maximize the material using this machine.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by DeniseP
I would love an accuquilt, but I know the expense of the machine to begin with and then I would want all the dies to go with it.
Put them on your Christmas list. Kids always need suggestions for what to get MOM.

Sara
Old 10-12-2010, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
I just got this less than two weeks ago. I love it, it is really easy for me to use. If you have any drafting table experience then you shouldn't have a problem.

So far I have used it to square up the blocks on my current project.

It is the Alto's Quiltcut 2, I paid $234.00 (that is with shipping). This is the only cutting system I have. I use my rotary cutter with it and off I go.

I don't need all those fancy shapes, squares, rectangles and strips are fancy enough for me. :)
Just a FYI. With the Accuquilt GO! cutter, you will not have to square up your blocks , they fit together perfectly. Well unless you don't use a 1/4 inch seam. I've seen these Alto's demo'd but it didn't look like something I could use. Just my opinion. Good thing we all have different opinions.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by craftiladi
Here is a link for cutting fabric w/ the cricut for those interested.
http://video.search.yahoo.com/search...ic+with+cricut
Our quilt guild leader demo'd cutting fabric with the cricut, but she had to do a lot of fiddling around with it to make it work. I was not impressed. And as I understand it - it is mostly for applique.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:46 AM

I also have the Alto's Quiltcut 2. I bought it last month. I have made hexagons with it, and am currently using it to cut out the pieces to a tote bag. I love it! No dies to purchase, and less fabric is wasted.