Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Cutting machines - looking for feedback >

Cutting machines - looking for feedback

Cutting machines - looking for feedback

Old 10-13-2010, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by BonniFeltz
[

For those of you who have a GO!(or baby one or otherwise), do the die cuts already include a quarter in seam in them? I'm debating between one of the GO's and the cricket. I like the idea of the cricket being able to digitally scale the pattern or picture up or down.
Yes, the dies include the 1/4 inch seam allowance.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:15 PM

[/quote]

For those of you who have a GO!(or baby one or otherwise), do the die cuts already include a quarter in seam in them? I'm debating between one of the GO's and the cricket. I like the idea of the cricket being able to digitally scale the pattern or picture up or down.[/quote]

Yes, of course it already has the 1/4 seam allowance. Hope this helps.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:53 PM

I have a Cricut also but haven' tried cutting material. I have seen it on TV where it was demonstrated. I would go on the internet and ask on the Cricut or Provo Craft.
Then you can buy more material.

Elsie
Old 10-13-2010, 06:52 PM

The GO has the seam allowance included for pieced shapes but if they are applique shapes, like flowers, etc, there is no extra 1/4".
Old 10-18-2010, 09:52 AM

:lol: i just bought the accu cutter to go. i love it and it is fast to do all your cutting. you get one die cut with it and as soon as i got it home i had to try it. it also gives a pattern also.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:00 AM

I want one. I really would like to have studio cutter. But I would settle for a Go!
Old 10-22-2010, 02:03 PM

do you think the Baby go is big enough??? if you were going to buy one today would you get the larger one?
Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
I have the GO! I really like it, and I dont think there is ANY maintence on it at all?
The dies are costly, but I really like the Go alot!
Old 10-22-2010, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by carolaug
do you think the Baby go is big enough??? if you were going to buy one today would you get the larger one?
Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
I have the GO! I really like it, and I dont think there is ANY maintence on it at all?
The dies are costly, but I really like the Go alot!
Check out the Go Baby at www.baysidequilting.com . I discovered they have the best price I've seen on the original Accuquilt Go - 218.99 - lower than the 244.49 I paid at jhittlesewing.com. Bayside also has what I think is a complete current list (pictures, too) of the dies that work with the Baby Go. The prices are pretty good - but I'd check the prices against the ones at jhittle - where there's no tax (unless you live in Kentucky) and no shipping charge if you spend at least $100 - tho' there's a small handling charge if you spend less than $250. I haven't checked there for over a month, so I don't know if jhittle is selling the BabyGo.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:13 PM
Power Poster

Sara, heres the way I do it, so I dont waste fabric. First I cut one from paper. Then when I cut for the applique, Ijust cut the fabric big enough to cover the shape. Hope that makes sense!
Old 10-23-2010, 11:24 AM

I just took the plunge and ordered a Accuquilt Go! I checked Bayside Quilting site mentioned above but they do not have free shipping at this time. I ended up ordering it from Nancy's Notions who is running a special right now with extra dies and also another set of dies and rack at special price, plus I got free shipping using 105414-2133. You need to price both places and see if paying shipping on Bayside Quilting is cheaper. It's according to what dies you want to purchase. I am excited. Can't wait for it to arrive.