Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Digital Quilting Magazines - what do you say? >

Digital Quilting Magazines - what do you say?

Digital Quilting Magazines - what do you say?

Old 11-14-2013, 08:06 AM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

I can't get Quilting Quickly here and didn't want to pay $5 shipping so I bought the digital version and downloaded it to my iPad. I love it! I usually have a hard time remembering where I put a specific mag, so the digital mags are the way to go for me. I love holding a mag in my hand, just like a book, but I buy digital books now also. If I'm watching TV and they mention a book that sounds interesting to me, I just go to Amazon and buy it right now. I can return it if I don't like it. That's another plus for digital books. But I do like the digital mags. Fons and Porter's digital mag has all kinds of extras if you do the digital!!!
Old 11-14-2013, 08:06 AM
Power Poster

I have not yet but have been thinking about it.
Old 11-15-2013, 04:39 AM

I have purchased several digital magazines and I love them. I usually only print out patterns that I am going to use. You will love glancing thru them over and over without having to guess where the magazine is!
Old 11-15-2013, 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by toverly View Post
I have downloaded a few free copies or patterns. I say no, I forget about them and haven't quite figured out where they go. Maybe it's just my laptop, but I don't know where they are to find them. With a magazine I can pass it on, it I'm not interested in doing anything.
That is more or less my experience, too. I think I'm just not organized enough to keep track of everything on my computer.
Old 11-15-2013, 05:51 AM

Paper - magazines; books; all of it all the time. I would even rather use a pattern printed on paper - makes easier to refer to.
Old 11-15-2013, 06:20 AM

Guess I'm still old fashion in that I like to hold the magazines and thumb through them first then sit down and read. But.......so many of the magazines are so full of ads and patterns which most I am not interested in that I have let all expire except for "American Quilter" & "Machine Quilting Unlimited". I'm not interested in spending more time in front of this computer reading them on line or whatever device is available. That is time wasted (in my opinion) that I could be doing something else. The magazines have stacked up so I have been offering them free for shipping cost only. I say clear the clutter!!!
Old 11-15-2013, 07:04 AM

I say NO! I want the instructions at my fingertips!
Old 11-15-2013, 08:30 AM

What I'd like to know - what are your favorite digital mags? Also, do any of you subscribe to online quilting shows, and if so, which ones are your favorites?
Old 11-15-2013, 09:57 AM

To me I love setting in my recliner thumbing through a quilting magazine. I love cutting out the patterns I want to keep and putting them in a binder to look through years later. I now have two that were free on line and have only looked at one one time and not at all one for the other. It hurts my eyes to try and read from the computer screen very long. I will keep buying the good old paper ones. I can pass them along for others to enjoy when I am finished with them.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:39 AM
Power Poster

Call me old fashioned, but I like holding the magazine in my hand to read and look through. If I don't find anything that strikes my fancy, I pass the magazine on to a quilting friend, and she takes over from there. My husband has started to get a couple digital computer magazines only because that is all they will send, and he agrees that he likes holding a magazine to read on the couch and not stay in front of the computer.