Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Digital Quilting Magazines - what do you say? >
  • Digital Quilting Magazines - what do you say?

• Digital Quilting Magazines - what do you say?

Old 11-15-2013, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by ckcowl
    I've subscribed to the Quilt Pattern Magazine since it began -- digital only--- I love it- I save it on my computer, I can print off any pages I want- but do not have to have a whole magazine stacked up. when ever I want to go back to one all I have to do is open the folder & choose the one I want- and I don't have a bunch of pages on ads ect.
    I have found I prefer the digital now - easy to follow up on links and I can download it to the computer or even put it on an external drive (like a Seagate) and store forever. One magazine from a lady in UK has it in digital issues and makes it super simple to print the templates - and even change the size if I want to.

Marysewfun
    Old 11-15-2013, 11:43 AM

I've downloaded a few and find it is a convenient way to keep them. But you do need to down load if you want to do a pattern. The iPad I use keeps switching off during the process pest.
    Old 11-15-2013, 11:50 AM

I won't download them. I prefer hard copies only. I guess I am just old fashioned but really like browsing thru a printed magazine. Saving digitals takes too much space. With a printed magazine, I can look and look again wherever I am.
    Old 11-15-2013, 03:18 PM

I think I prefer holding the magazine in my hands and going back to them from time to time. I had a digital subscription, but never used it. I also love passing them on to others .
    Old 11-15-2013, 03:21 PM

I prefer digital everything, bills, patterns, magazines. Browse on line then print the pages you want. Saves space .
    Old 11-15-2013, 09:24 PM

It is my understanding that some of the companies are only going to offer digital. I guess I am just old fashion but I enjoy my magazines in print.
    Old 11-15-2013, 10:54 PM
    Jim

I want the paper edition...I can get use it or read it anytime no internet connection needed
    Old 11-15-2013, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by jillmc
    So here's a question from a computer-challenged person! I purchased my first digital quilt magazine last week-it was much less expensive than paper copy, and instant gratification! There was a specific pattern in the mag that I wanted. It is on my desktop computer....am I able to download it to my ipad? Desktop is not a Mac....would love to be able to browse thru the rest of the magazine in front of the fire!
    The way I would do it is to send yourself an email or the iPad and attach it and send then load. I have iCloud and all books in my kindle or iBooks are automatically in all areas including my kindles.

Hope this helps.
    Old 11-16-2013, 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
    I think it depends on what you are viewing them on. On a Kindle Fire they look fabulous and it is small and book like to hold. On the computer the magazines look good, but I don't really want to curl up with the computer.

It's nice not to have the paper laying around and I LOVE, LOVE the search feature on the Kindle Fire. If you want a certain pattern, you can search by it's name in all of your magazines at once!
    Same here. As my subscriptions come up for renewal I'm converting them to digital. I have my entire library of magazines at my fingertips instead of in a pile in a corner. I was starting to feel like an episode of Hoarders because I was saving magazines
    Old 11-16-2013, 06:00 AM
    Banned

So, its a mixed bag of preferences. I think I will try one digital and see what I think. I would definitely need more storage space if I decide that is the way to go. I have an extra external hard drive - might be a good use for it. thanks so much for all of the replies!