Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Disappointment >

Disappointment

Disappointment

Old 11-07-2013, 05:42 AM
Power Poster

There's nothing ugly about your quilt! It just looks as though your stitch length got a little tight while quilting. The quilt is puffy tho, and should hide that. Try washing it when done. I like that you have different navys in the little blocks. It gives your quilt more interest and 'movement'... all the same navy would have made the quilt 'flat'. Forget about the quilting since there is no way you can change it now... just enjoy the quilt as a pretty, warm blanket!
Old 11-07-2013, 06:03 AM

i would either give it away or toss it..i have done that..i quilted a whole quilt in clear thread and i just hated it, so i walked to the trash and dumped....
Old 11-07-2013, 06:11 AM

I think it would be wonderful to donate it, or if your child likes it, let her have it. But at least you've learned that until your quilting is much better ( at least to satisfy YOU) , don't try to have it "pop", just blend it in. But really, it's lovely.
Old 11-07-2013, 06:35 AM

Wow, you're really hard on yourself. Many people will not even attempt anything that hard! Chefs have to rinse and chop vegetables for YEARS before they're allowed to cook. Couture seamstresses have to do menial tasks before they even have a chance at making a garment. My sister looks at my quilts and asks, "Why would you put yourself through all that agony?" (She has trouble making decisions.) I just tell her that it's a creative outlet, AND that it's not brain surgery. If you make a mistake, no one will die! I really like your quilt (true) and I think you can finish/not finish it, and make a decision later. God bless.
Old 11-07-2013, 06:59 AM

there is nothing wrong with it don't beat yourself up about it....it's pretty and remember no one is perfect, thank God for your ability to sew and create most people can't or won't
Old 11-07-2013, 07:28 AM

Quit whining and realize how lucky you are to have fabric, thread and a sewing machine to make this. Someone will love it so suck it in and finish it. Whomever you give it to will now see the flaws and if they do, shame on them.....I, personally, think it looks good, but I say that from looking at a picture. The first thing that comes to mind is a red, white and blue quilt of valor type.......finish it, send it on it's way to get it out of your face and move on..... (all this said by one who has done the same thing.....)
Old 11-07-2013, 07:29 AM

Nothing is perfect in life, things happen, but you did your best and next time you'll do better. But family & friends don't mind if it's not a great wavy line. They are happy you love them that much to make it for them. Stop beating yourself up. I've done worse and my family never noticed. BE HAPPPY!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-07-2013, 09:40 AM

chalk it up to experience, things you learn not to do it again, and then put it aside and never look at it again, unless you want to take it apart, been there done that.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:36 AM

I haven't had THAT many things go wrong in one quilt , but I certainly would keep it. I wouldn't care if it reminded me of all the BAD things that could happen; and you will NOT have that many things go wrong again because your learned so much from that project, so let it be THAT reminder. It's too pretty and too much work to get rid of it. Your daughter may always treasure it; remembering it as you worked on it. Will be anxious to hear of your final decision. HAPPY QUILTING and thanks for sharing.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:50 AM

I agree with ckcowl...........get the binding on there and give it to 'blankets for kids' or another organization.

Personally I don't see anything wrong with it. Maybe try a heavier weight thread next time if that's what you are not liking.

We All have those quilts we wonder "what was I thinking???" or every step is a pain in the {you know where}......Live and Learn.