Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you actually USE your scraps?? >

Do you actually USE your scraps??

Do you actually USE your scraps??

Old 11-29-2010, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie
I leave all scraps as they are. Never know what I might need. I've used 2" by 36" scraps before. So it all goes into a bin--by color if I take the time. Except all holiday stuff goes in one biN. And there it was ready for me when someone posted the stocking mug rug on here. THANK YOU AGAIN!

I think that "by color" and "holiday" is a tip I have missed. I have spent HOURS cutting fabric into pieces and strips (which satisfies my obsessive/compulsive thing), and when push comes to shove - - well, you know the story - - I have to handle all sorts of bins, and pieces of fabric and pretty soon I am deciding:
My time is valuable. At this point it is cheaper to just go buy fabric or forget the project!
I am THRILLED that this thread got revived, and to learn something to new and find others excited about "scrappy" is so FUN! FUN! FUN! <wave>
I know someone wanted us to stop, but I CAN"T! LOL
Old 11-29-2010, 03:08 PM

I do. Last weekend i seperated my squares and strips and put into individual bags. Found enough to make a quilt. Added different fabric to the base square. I used to make just this or that nothing fancy, but since reading and looking at some of the beautiful quilts I have learned to make a real quilt. Thank you ladies for this board. Read it every day.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:27 PM

I use mine for applique and they are great for string piecing. I have a bag full of 3 1/2 inch squares ready for a project.
Old 11-29-2010, 05:46 PM

I separate mine into "flannel" and "cotton". I've been able to make several baby quilts this past summer just from my scraps.