Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do YOU: Finish THIS one ... before starting THAT one???? >

Do YOU: Finish THIS one ... before starting THAT one????

Do YOU: Finish THIS one ... before starting THAT one????

Old 08-09-2012, 07:05 AM

I try to start and finish each project....sometimes I get stuck in the middle and walk away for a while....but I personally like to see things thru to the end.....I may cheat a little some times if I have a quilt in my quilting frame that is taking forever to do and plan a new quilt and pick the fabric, work on the design and even start to cut out my pieces.....but need to finish the one in the frame......I can honestly say I have only one UFO quilt top....and it will go to charity one day soon.....
I was also trying to use a new quilt pattern each month....was doing well until summer hit and my sewing room got too hot. Have been doing a lot of hand work on the downstairs sofa instead.....
Old 08-09-2012, 07:07 AM

Yes, I have multiple projects going. I keep my UFO's in a basket so when I'm tired of working on my current project I can drag something from the basket to work on rather than starting something new. Not a perfect scheme because sometimes I still ignore the UFO's and go for something new I've just seen. It's hard to resist the new and exciting.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:45 AM

Oooh I feel so much better about my multiple projects. Now I feel more normal.!!!! yah
Old 08-09-2012, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by maxnme01 View Post
Oooh I feel so much better about my multiple projects. Now I feel more normal.!!!! yah
I think 'we quilters' are the most normal people on the planet....look at what we create
I really feel so sorry for those that do not sew, cook and/or garden
Old 08-09-2012, 09:08 AM

nope,no,na,yeah right
Old 08-09-2012, 09:25 AM

I started quilting 3 years ago.......promised myself I would not buy any new fabric ....just work from my mom's stash. That lasted only a year. I did make 2 quilts from her stash only. Now I have a stash to rival hers and at least 10 projects ready to go in my mind, 100s more thought about, 2 cut and ready to start, and 2 that need quilting and binding to be finished. The mind completes the work WAY before one is physically capable. The first quilting acronym I learned was UFO. Does that tell us all something about the activity? LOL!!
Old 08-09-2012, 09:34 AM

Well good luck at that! it seems that when I start anew quilt there are things from the last one I haven't completed...but when a new technique or a class comes along I want to take I always have a quilt in process..it's how the game is played..lol

Also I have many quilts in a box, not UFO's but fabric and pattern to make a quilt in a box.

Since times have been so low and I have so many of these this year I made a deal with myself to try and finish some of these first. And I am sticking to it..yeah self control after all these years.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:05 AM

Never! I have my share of UFO's!
Old 08-09-2012, 12:54 PM

Heck no, if I did that I would still be on my first quilt. My ADD distracts me and I need a change periodically. I do get them finished, but not all at once. Oops, I lied, I have UFO's that are older than my DGD. sorry
Old 08-09-2012, 01:26 PM

Oh, I hear you about the need to keep buying new fabric You know, a half yard here and there, and a couple of fat quarters and the list goes on!!!

So, I have to say, while I am *hoping* to stay with one project at a time .... I easily see collecting patterns/books and fabric way before I have a need for it!!!!

Happy Quilting

jody