Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do YOU: Finish THIS one ... before starting THAT one???? >

Do YOU: Finish THIS one ... before starting THAT one????

Do YOU: Finish THIS one ... before starting THAT one????

Old 08-08-2012, 04:07 AM

I used to do that, one quilt at a time. There are so many quilt projects I want to make, I now have 4 tops completed and only one at a time will fit in my floor quilting frame. I tend to need a variety of things to create - I go from hand quilting, to a few days away from the quilting and cutting out more material for another project - then sewing the pieces, ironing, and then back to my hand quilting. I try to complete one top before moving onto another - it's drives me crazy that I could die and these may not be finished! I don't want my family fighting over who gets what, so I try to complete projects asap, just in case.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:22 AM

I have no idea how many WIP's and/or UFO's I have. Maybe I should find out. Not going to sweat it tho, it will all get finished someday, but right now I want to get started on a new D9P
Old 08-08-2012, 04:24 AM

I wish.........I have about 10 ufo's but one day............
Old 08-08-2012, 04:39 AM

About a year ago I decided to try to finish all my UFO's. I completed several last year but not getting as many done this year. However, I am finishing projects in a much more timely manner. I don't believe I have any what I call UFO's from this year. I still start projects before I complete projects, but they are getting finished in a month or two. In 2011 I worked on 13 or 14 BOMs. I still have two that are not done. One is almost finished, the other is not sandwiched yet.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:46 AM

I make a lot of Quilts for Kids. Additionally, I keep one or two going for me between those. Right now I have 2 going for me (one of those I'm sewing on a treadle), 1 going as a gift for a friend with ALS, and 4 in the works for QFKs. I like having the variety to choose from depending on my mood and how much time I have to quilt....also sometimes I just don't feel like "thinking" and I can whip out those QFKs quilts!
Old 08-08-2012, 04:48 AM

I finish a quilt before starting another. Unless it is a large bed quilt, which I need a break from.
By not finishing a quilt I think it would be too easy to have too many UFO's going, forget what you were doing on each quilt, etc. I just dont have the space to have several unfinished quilts laying around, I like a neat clean sewing room.
But everyone does what works for them.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:53 AM

I have several projects going at this time. I like to switch out as I get bored doing the same thing. I do have timelines of when three of them need to be finished so they get most of the attention.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:05 AM

I have several projects going at once and in my mind 50 more that I want to start...lol.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:54 AM

I really try and finish one project/quilt before going to the next one. I still work, so have only weekends and a few minutes after dinner every night to spend in my sewing room. But, I have a long list of projects 'to do' and patterns & fabric for bunches of them.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:56 AM

I don't have 20 I am working on but do have several including 3 BOM's that I just started and about 5 that I need finish and maybe I do have 20 that I am working on. We are thinking about going to southern Utah for the winter and I have been trying to decide which UFO's I would take with me. I guess it is a good time to get organized.