Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you keep a 'quilt log'? >

Do you keep a 'quilt log'?

Do you keep a 'quilt log'?

Old 08-18-2015, 04:42 AM

I also keep a quilt journal however never thought to write the type of batting used. Nice to go back and look at especially when someone asks you about the kinds of quilts you make. I never realized how eclectic the mix was until I just showed my journals to someone just this weekend. It was really fun looking back on all the quilts I've made in the last 18 years. I think everyone should try to keep some type of record of all the quilts they've made.
Old 08-18-2015, 07:35 AM

I have taken pictures of all the quilts I've made and "someday" will get around to putting them in a scrapbook. I've also kept the "announcements" of births, weddings, etc. that prompted the quilts in addition to any "thank-you" notes and pictures of the recipients of the quilts. That's my best thank you.....receiving a photo of the baby on the blanket, etc. It's kind of funny, I was looking at photos at my MIL's and noticed a quilt I had made for the first child in the family...the second child is sitting on it! So, it's good to know the quilts are used! It's funny how you can always pick out the quilt you made from a bunch of quilts! So, at least take pictures....
Old 08-18-2015, 08:36 AM

I started out using "Quilt Journal", a write-in book by (I think) Quilt Care from Fairfield Processing Corp., www.poly-fil.com. There is room for date made, for whom, comments and thoughts. I always put size of the quilt in there. There's also a page for a photo. After I filled the book, I found a program for my computer "Quilt Album" by www.quiltalbum.com. I put all details of my quilts into the program while I'm washing my completed quilt. A picture(s) made be easily added. All kinds of details and thoughts may be added. Greeting card and business cards can also be customized and printed out,
Old 08-18-2015, 10:45 AM

I do, mine is very simple. A photo of the quilt, the dimensions (if I remember to measure it when it's done) and who it is for. And, if I used a pattern, where I got the pattern and the name of it, designer. I keep mine in a photo album and all the info is on the lines next to the photo. Very simple. But, it does the job. Oh, I also date the photos. So I know when I made the quilt.

Last edited by Judith1005; 08-18-2015 at 10:50 AM.
Old 08-18-2015, 02:53 PM
Power Poster

I use Groove Book. I upload all my quilt pictures and get printed pictures back in a book with the date the picture was taken (even I don't know the Iphone time dates every picture) Every picture is perforated so it's easy to take out and put in my quilt journal. It cost $2.99 a book of 100 pictures. Of course most of my books are all of the grands. I don't make that many quilts to fill up a book very often. And I can delete the pics from my phone and they are still uploaded at Groove Book to be printed any time I want. Ever who came up with this idea deserves all the $ they are getting.
Old 08-18-2015, 02:55 PM

I don't even take pics of all my quilts. I just make em and give them away!