Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do You Sew Every Day >

Do You Sew Every Day

Do You Sew Every Day

Old 07-14-2010, 05:36 AM

I try to sew at least one block a day or at least 30 minutes if thats all I can do...but otherwise I will take what I can get...being retired keeps me very busy...heheh...blessings
Old 07-14-2010, 05:49 AM

I'm disabled/retired from nursing so I sew everyday, all day. I do manage to get the house cleaned and laundry done which isn't hard since it's just me and my wonderful husband.

Right now I need to go and get some errands done but this will seriously cut into my sewing time.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:03 AM

Every day, all day! Sometimes I steal an hour or two from quilting to do life things, like eat, sleep, bathe, speak to other people, you know....life things!
Old 07-14-2010, 06:53 AM

I sew just about everyday. Some days for 15 mins, other days 4+ hours. I'm very lucky that my husband likes to cook, so that allows me more time in the sewing room.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:55 AM

I sew just about everyday. Some days for 15 mins, other days 4+ hours. I'm very lucky that my husband likes to cook, so that allows me more time in the sewing room.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:06 AM

Every day, just like my vitamins! I can't sleep if I don't create something every evening after work but on the other hand I can't sleep because I am so creative. My friends know that I will get up during the night, most nights, to work on something. I get my best ideas while attempting to sleep.
NainciefromWyoming
Old 07-14-2010, 07:24 AM

I try to sew something every day. Last weekend I used up my scraps of fleece making blankets for CHOP (Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia). Today I am working on a fleece quilt/blanket for my grandson to take off to college. Tomorrow I am making sheer draperies for a client. And so it goes.....
Old 07-14-2010, 07:27 AM

I have to work on some thing every day. to me it is like breathing. I work on my EQ, or class notes and handouts, or cutting out and sewing quilts. It is a passion I have and do not mind at all.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Judie
I want to sew every day.. and I'd much rather sew than clean house.. or watch that stupid one-eyed monster in the front room..

but then my little DGD calls me and asks in her tiny voice if she can come see me.. and I say yes, because she is even more fun than sewing!! I love those grandbabies!!
I have several grand daughters but the one that spends the most time with me is 3 yrs old and you would think not old enough to turn loose in a sewing room. Well wrong....she spends alot of time with me in "our" sewing room and she has learned to respect what is Grandma's and is not for her to touch but then I have given her, her own 'fat Quarters" and pieces of fabric. I bought a used childs sewing machine at a yard sale for $10.00. My hubby took the needle apparatus out and she was so excited when she found her very own sewing machine in our sewing room! Macie really enjoys the time we spend sewing and we have even started a crazy quilt we are putting together using her scraps. We add to it every once in a while and she is so excited about it. It is now about 20 inches by 20 in. She took it home once and left it in the camper. A week or so later they were coming to visit and she told her Daddy she had to bring her quilt back so we could sew it. She was looking for it and had a melt down because she could not find it. Daddy just did not understand what he was supposed to be looking for and Macie got very upset with him because he didn't kniw what a "Kwacy Quill" was! lol He called me and asked me what the heck she was talking about. I described it and they found it in their camper and all was right again. Then they came to Grandma's. She does not take the quilt home any more until we finish it. I guess my point is you don't have to stop sewing when grand daughter visits. You may find including her in your sewing may start some wonderful memories for you both. When Macie gets tired of fussing with her fat quarters she curls up on the floor of my sewing room with a pillow and watch cartoons. Then I get more sewing done...:o)
Old 07-14-2010, 08:33 AM

I have sewn for 10+ hrs a day for several years.
when my youngest son was in 3rd grade( he is now almost 17)
for mothers day he made me a card and drew me sitting at my machines,table and all behind the open workroom door.
We had am embroidery business at the time!
At first it made me feel bad that this was the only way he saw me, but then realized (that with his autism) he felt secure in knowing where I was and I was a constant there!