Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you use check lists when you go on a quilting retreat or sew days with your quilting friends so you don't forget anything? >

Do you use check lists when you go on a quilting retreat or sew days with your quilting friends so you don't forget anything?

Do you use check lists when you go on a quilting retreat or sew days with your quilting friends so you don't forget anything?

Old 03-12-2011, 07:41 AM

I just got a new FREE app for my Ipad last night called "Packing Pro". It's pretty cool. It has some built in lists, lists you can customize, pre-trip reminders - etc.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:21 AM

I am the worlds best sticky note writer. If I don't jot it down when I think of it. Forget it!! Sometimes before I can find a pen I have forgotten what I needed it for. TeHe!!
Old 03-12-2011, 08:22 AM

No, but I sure do need to.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:51 AM

I also go on retreat every January. Even here in Calif it's cold in January so I always, always bring a homemade quilt to put on my bed. I also bring my own sheets -- they're provided but I like flannel sheets in the winter so I bring my own. Others bring sleeping bags. Also an extra pillow.
We do a block to draw names with and 50 blocks to share so they have to be on the list. And definitely chocolate as well as some food item to share like pretzels, cookies, fruit, etc. Meals are provided but everyone likes to snack.
Oh, and I bring my own chair. I'm short and those folding chairs just don't work for my back. If I'm going to be sewing all weekend I want to be comfortable. Walking shoes too --- we're out in the boonies. Also some bring a box of extra basic fabrics because someone occasionally needs just a tad bit more of a color. She's been a lifesaver in more than one retreat. Keep the list coming so I can add to mine.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:11 AM

I too have been blessed with two of most of the items listed, even my Ott light! Packed and ready to go at a moment's notice :lol: Usually go with the same folks, to the same area, Bodega Bay on the No. Ca coast. Haven't made it to the beach yet ... waaaay too busy.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:34 AM

I have a list very much like yours except the items are grouped according to ?category? rather than alphabetical. For example,
mat
rulers
rotary cutter
replacement blades
scissors
Tried the alphabetical but seemed more logical to me (just me)
to do it by similar items or items that "work" together.
I am trying to get duplicates of most things so I can have a "go bag" and not have to go through this every time.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Gramie bj
YES I have to make list these days before I go anywhere. Then pack everythig on the list and mark it off as it goes into suitcase, box, or car as needed. And I still will forget something so add that to the next list when I get home. I keep a master of my list on my pc so I can up date as needed. Even have one for cloths to pack by season and leanth of stay. I know if my head weren'y firmly atached I forget it too! OH YEAH must add pattern and fabric to that list!
too true.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:50 AM

In addition to what others have posted I always take a cushion to sit on while sewing and a corn/rice bag to heat and put around my neck.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:49 AM

On my suit case list I also have my favorite bath soak lavender and vanilla so relaxing after a long day at the machine a good book, soft carmel, and a sm bottle of my fav. wine (don't forget cork screw). You never know what you might want late at night.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:53 PM

Yes I have a list on my computer, one for packing for state meeting, one for bus tours,(I occasionally have hosted one of those) one for retreats, one for classes, etc. When I pack my projects, I list each tool or thread or etc. as I go through the directions for the project I am going to work on. Actually have a basic list of those too, i.e. rotary cutter, mat, rulers, etc. that I always pack.