Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does anyone else have too many interests? >

Does anyone else have too many interests?

Does anyone else have too many interests?

Old 09-26-2011, 02:29 PM

Sorry, I see the pictures now!!! You are going to love weaving.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:30 PM

I have four small children and most of my interests aren't compatible with that (except for photography, which I do A LOT of) ... I have to quilt at nap time or while the older ones are at school, and I used to knit in the evenings until my husband started complaining that I wasn't paying enough attention to the TV (yeah, I know). I go to scrapbooking workshops once or twice a month but at that rate I'll never get caught up. I love cooking, which is probably the only thing I enjoy doing that I actually have to do (right now I'm cooking one meal from every country on Earth, and blogging about it). I love to read but never do, and don't even get me started on those poor horses, who just stand around in the back yard eating hay. Too bad housework isn't on my list of interests or I might do a whole lot more of it!
Old 09-26-2011, 02:34 PM

I too, as many of you, dabble in many different forms of art work. I paint in oil & acrylics, scuplt with polymer clay, work with beads/stones/glass jewelry, create patterns for my stuffed animals made out of old clothing, crayon coloring on fabric for quilts, some knitting, do lace work, tried cross stitching/tatting, read occasionally, love create "dryer lint" art with my hubby for a yearly challenge with local friends but honestly my biggest love is sewing - which includes quilting, clothing, ornaments, household items, baby items, etc... which I sale in local craft shows. Which also allows me the luxury of buying more stuff to continue to create. I love being diversified and find it very stimulating, relaxing and rewarding - life never gets boring for these hands.
Old 09-26-2011, 05:46 PM

My main hobby is quilting. Pain in my arms and hands has stopped me from crocheting or crow hooking.

Besides I have too much money invested into quilting.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie
I was talking to a woman the other day who has NO,NONE, ZILCH, NOTHING as a hobby. She cleans house and she reads.

I though as I was talking to her how horrible my life would be if I had no hobbies. I can't even image. But then maybe I'd be better off is I had only half the hobbies I do have.

Nah, wouldn't be fun!

I agree with you!
I have a friend that has no hobbies. I have tried to get her interested but no luck. Her & her DH work at the same place and they do put out a small garden. No hobbies would drive me nuts!
Old 09-27-2011, 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by Painiacs
I dabble in other crafts too I also love to read! Being diversified is good for the brain!
By the way- I love your oriental picture!!! Is it a quilt??

it's a wall hanging: copy of an old print.
Thanks
MK
Old 09-27-2011, 03:11 AM

Addictions yes exercise honest, reading, gardening, did knit but budget and time only allows quilting for main hobby, however family is First season of life for grands!
Old 09-27-2011, 03:39 AM

I share my space with a huge Swedish floor loom and rug hooking frames in addition to my sewing machines. I also have so much fabric (wool and cotton}, thread, yarn and books. Cook books and cooking are also my hobby, just made 20# of sauerkraut. Love it all and I just don't worry about it anymore. I'm having fun, that's all that matters. Maybe I do have enough things to keep me busy for 5 life times. I told my kids that whenever I die to take what they want and call an auction company. Your going to love your loom!
Old 09-27-2011, 03:58 AM

Yes, I finally decided that was my problem. Too many things I want to do, just can't get it all done. When at 65, I first retired, I was so happy with so much time to do what I wanted to do. Now at 75, I sometimes wonder why I don't have that same amount of time that I had 10yrs. ago. I blame it on being slower. God bless you all
Old 09-27-2011, 04:03 AM

Hi, I have other interstsesides quilting. I crochet, do plastic canvas,paint on t- shirts but righht now it is quilting.Cora