Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does anyone else have too many interests? >

Does anyone else have too many interests?

Does anyone else have too many interests?

Old 09-27-2011, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by MaryKatherine
This is a quilting board but we all relate to the other creative outlets; sewing clothes, making dolls and purses, gardening, baking, painting. We are all so talented. So how do you turn down the offer of a FREE 60" Jack loom?
It's now sitting in my living room like a tombstone, (my sanctuary, by the way, far from the TV) and it can't go any further into the house. I have to give away a sofa and if I'm lucky it will just fit the same footprint. Am I interested in weaving? Always was, like so many other things. My life is tooooooooooo short for all my interests.
(My unfinished quilts (4) in the basement sewing room are NOT talking to me right now)
MaryKatherine
I think that creative people are always open to multiple interests, and our biggest chalenge in life is editing~ :-D
Old 09-27-2011, 06:08 AM
Power Poster

We don't turn down offers of Jack looms. I also am learning to weave and my 14 yr old is into making rag rugs. We bought her a 4 harness floor loom 5ftx5ft. Talking big. It is in the living room next to my hand quilting floor frame. Arts and crafts are very important to us and it is something we want to pass on to our children.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:31 AM

Since I will turn 80 tomorrow, there is no way I can live long enough to do all the things I want to do. That includes my UFO's and "Want to try" projects. I keep telling myself not to get into dyeing fabrics!
Old 09-27-2011, 06:31 AM

Since I will turn 80 tomorrow, there is no way I can live long enough to do all the things I want to do. That includes my UFO's and "Want to try" projects. I keep telling myself not to get into dyeing fabrics!
Old 09-27-2011, 06:34 AM

I think those of us who have many interests are the lucky ones. I know people who have no interests and spend their retirement just sitting in front of the TV not knowing what they would like to do. My days are full of quilting and quilting friends, but I also garden, read, knit, crochet, and am currently trying to teach myself Brazillian Embroidery. My days are ALWAYS too short for everything I want to do and I am thankful for that.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:34 AM

I sympathize. I have too many interests and there is so much I want to do...lol. Enjoy the loom. Enjoy your life and have fun!
Old 09-27-2011, 06:44 AM

I keep my life simple -Sewing (quilts -cloths or for my home) and Eating---- Hey a girls gotta have a hobby. Our family motto is ""Some eat to live -We live to eat"" :D :D
Old 09-27-2011, 07:11 AM

I think we are all ADD.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:18 AM

I crochet, needlepoint, if I see something in a craft show that I may like, I look it over and go home and create it without a pattern. I do flower arranging. Make curtains, baby diaper holders without patterns as well. I love creating things, quilting is tops
Old 09-27-2011, 07:21 AM

Oh, thank you all, ladies, for making me feel normal! I'm 69 years old and over the weekend attended an Alpaca Open House! I have 3 sewing machines . . . have tried quilting, doll-clothes construction, knitting, over the years. NOW, I fell in love with the silky alpaca hair and am wanting to put in use the old spinning wheel my husband had purchased for me and refurbished so many years ago. At the time, I thought I didn't want to go back in time as far as women's lib was concerned. However, now I am anxious to give it a go! Have a great day, all!!!