Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone have this table

It is different but would not work for me.

Blog Entries
    Now that I look at an enlarged pic, it is the same one that I have that works well with my Featherweight which fits down into the part you lift out (left of picture). However, I still think that is a lot of $$ for it. I guess they are considering it antique. I would look for others on ebay before going for it.

uote=JUNEC]curious how it would work with a Singer Featherweight -

http://cgi.ebay.com/SINGER-221-FEATH...item5adf604ed0

Card Table for a Singer Machine - how unique!![/quote]

Blog Entries
    The one in Canada is exactly like mine. I am short but it is not a problem reaching the machine. In the pic it looks farther away than it really is.

Blog Entries
    Reason it is cheaper in Canada is that you will have more shipping to pay. I am having a Red Eye sent to me from Calgary, CA and the shipping is $75 for Canada Expedite Post.

Quote Originally Posted by JUNEC
    Here is another one in Canada - love the pictures

http://cgi.ebay.com/SINGER-FEATHERWE...item3cb5bb27b3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zipit
    I have one but I have never used it. I think I'll take this as a reminder and get it out, dusted off and make some use of it.
    You should! It is great. I use my all the time. The machine sits flat down into it giving a nice working space.

Blog Entries
    Sure do; very nice neighbor gave it to me.
    Am so happy they did.

Blog Entries
    I would think that if you have a handy person in your household they could use a saw and cut the opening to the dimensions of the Featherweight and build the "cradle" that would be needed underneath to support the machine on any card table.

OR do what my DH did. He build a box type piece that fits on the top of my Featherweight table to set another machine of different dimension on it. It is light enough for me to lift on and off as needed. I covered it with contac paper so that the fabric would slide easily. Works wonderful. He, of course, needed to put the supports in place on the under side so that the machine would not fall through.

If you have one of those built you could set it anywhere and have a nice space to work on.

Blog Entries
    Really handy. Stops the machine from moving and gives a larger surface for sewing.

I have a card table similar to that. my open is not on the edge like that. I bought it at a garage sale for $2.

Blog Entries
    Cool!! I've never seen one before, but I heard of them. Since they were made for the Featherweight I am sure they must work fine!! :-)

Blog Entries
    I have the card table it came with the featherweight when I purchased it from a friend. I don't allow the table to be used for anything else other then to hold my featherwieghts, as I have two. Currently I have it set up in my den rather then my sewing room where I am working on dresden plates. It is easy to set up and take down and occupies a small area where I can sit and sew as my husband watches television and we can visit at the same time. Love my table and my featherweights. I didn't realize they sold for that much I purchased the featherweight and casket case vintage singer sewing machine for $200.00, then a few months later my friend showed up and said oops I forgot this table was with one of those machines, he dropped it off and said he wanted no money for it. Use your table it is really a great working piece.

A lady, at a community sew group I went to, was using this table with her machine. It looked great!! Folded up just like a card table. While we were talking, she cautioned that you have to make sure that the opening will fit your machine. They were made in different sizes! Ann

Blog Entries
    curious how it would work with a Singer Featherweight -

Card Table for a Singer Machine - how unique!!
    My father-in-law had one of those. It was a wobbly mess, if I remember right. I sure wouldn't pay the price they're asking. I just bought a very nice folding table from nancysnotions.com for $125 that is very sturdy and has the drop-in spot for your machine if you want to use it that way. Unless you want an "antique" I would consider that a waste of money.

Washington State summer, Sun City AZ winter
    I have one. I got it off Ebay and it came from the east coast. It was in terrible shape but I refinished it and it is wonderful! I love it. If you can find one in your budget range, get it! I did have to buy some screws that were missing and glue some pieces underneath but there were no missing parts. It did come with the insert and I would recommend getting one with it if you plan to use it as a card table. (Mine was from a guy that had it in his garage for years and it cost me $75 plus shipping--a little over $100 total and that was a good price.)

Quote Originally Posted by grann of 6
    curious how it would work with a Singer Featherweight -

Card Table for a Singer Machine - how unique!!
    My father-in-law had one of those. It was a wobbly mess, if I remember right. I sure wouldn't pay the price they're asking. I just bought a very nice folding table from nancysnotions.com for $125 that is very sturdy and has the drop-in spot for your machine if you want to use it that way. Unless you want an "antique" I would consider that a waste of money.
    Mine was wobbly but just tightening the screws fixed that!

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie1954
    I have a card table similar to that. my open is not on the edge like that. I bought it at a garage sale for $2.
    Yours could be the one that the 301 and 400 series fit in it. I've seen those on Ebay and thought of getting one for my 403 but the 403 is in a cabinet and won't give that up. For $2 you got a bargain!

This was the only table that was made for the Featherweight. With all the popularity that drove the price of Featherweights into orbit, you can expect these tables to be sky high, as well. If you have one in your attic, hang on to it!

Blog Entries
    I have one. It is a great little table. The one in the picture is in pretty rough shape for the price. If you are interested in one, look around. I bought mine at a quilt show from a vendor. It shows some wear, but is in good shape.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by meow meow
    I have the card table it came with the featherweight when I purchased it from a friend. I don't allow the table to be used for anything else other then to hold my featherwieghts, as I have two. Currently I have it set up in my den rather then my sewing room where I am working on dresden plates. It is easy to set up and take down and occupies a small area where I can sit and sew as my husband watches television and we can visit at the same time. Love my table and my featherweights. I didn't realize they sold for that much I purchased the featherweight and casket case vintage singer sewing machine for $200.00, then a few months later my friend showed up and said oops I forgot this table was with one of those machines, he dropped it off and said he wanted no money for it. Use your table it is really a great working piece.
    Talk about the deal of the century! Wow!

My Daddy made this table for me a couple of years ago.
    I absolutely LOVE it.
    Another bonus is that my Kenmore also fits the same inset!

I've been so busy using it that I've not gotten around to painting/sealing it.. oops!

Homemade Featherweight Table - The cutout can be replaced to make it a flat table.
    Name:  Attachment-130784.jpe
Views: 33
Size:  33.2 KB

When the Featherweights first came out this was the table sold by Singer to go along with them. This is a reproduction, but I remember my grandmother's --- I thought it was odd then but she said it worked great.

Blog Entries
    This is my first post. I am wondering if someone could post the measurement of the area from the edge of the table where you sit to the machine. It has always looked like a lot of reaching to the machine. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hen3rietta
    I have the same table for our old Singer. We used it all the time as a card table as well when I was growing up. It is nice and sturdy still, if a little banged up here and there.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by incoming2me
    My Daddy made this table for me a couple of years ago.
    I absolutely LOVE it.
    Another bonus is that my Kenmore also fits the same inset!

I've been so busy using it that I've not gotten around to painting/sealing it.. oops!
    Your dad did a wonderful job. Hope that you gave him BIG HUGS!

Blog Entries
    Your dad did a wonderful job. Hope that you gave him BIG HUGS!

Blog Entries
    I messed up and then messed up again. GRRRRR :)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast