Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone have this table

curious how it would work with a Singer Featherweight -

http://cgi.ebay.com/SINGER-221-FEATH...item5adf604ed0

Card Table for a Singer Machine - how unique!!

Here is another one in Canada - love the pictures

http://cgi.ebay.com/SINGER-FEATHERWE...item3cb5bb27b3

It's made for the Featherweight machine. I don't have one but it would be cool to have.

I have one but I have never used it. I think I'll take this as a reminder and get it out, dusted off and make some use of it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JUNEC

They are pretty sought after items. I have seen repros, but the ones I've seen are not very good.

I have one of the tables and havent used it in years, but that is because it was my MILs and it just found its way home to me recently. I borrowed it when I was first married and I remember it worked very well. I am not sure, but I think they are a little hard to find. I know that there is a man that makes exact replicas of the table and sells them. I see his ad in many of the quilt magazines. So there must be a market for them....and sewers and quilters must be driving the market.

I have never seen one of these befor, But you can bet I'll be keeping my eyes out at the flea markets and yard sales and such! That is way cool!!!!!

Blog Entries
    I have a table from Singer (wooden and sturdy), but the legs are beige and it fit a later model of Singer. I received it when I graduated from High School in 1959. If the table fits the machine that you have...I would recommend getting it. When you are not using it for sewing, it is a full size, card table size. Mine is in great condition comparing to the picture, but since it is all wood, it could easily be brought back to top condition. cm

Blog Entries
    I have a friend in KS (a guy) who has his mother's featherweight and the card table that goes with it. He let me use the card table for my featherweight while we where their visiting and it works beautifully!. I considered stealing his table. ;-) He He

I'd love to have one of those tables for my Featherweight, but I sure can't afford that price! They're RARE & highly sought after.

Blog Entries
    I am surprised that the tables are as expensive as they are now. In '59, my parents bought me a Singer (that had been a floor model and that table for $99! The Singer was a "slant needle". I traded it in later, but kept the table as it was so sturdy. Still use the table when I have a group over to sew.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    I would love one of those tables!! They are pricey though :(

We had one growing up and it was very wobbly. My sister still has it but it is more decorative now.

These are great, the prices seems good, they are hard to find and are great for quilting, I love this with my FW :D

Have only read about them and how great they were back then, but have not seen one myself. If I came across one that I thought was affordable, I would sure buy it. As it is, my computerized machine is still on my kitchen/dining room table and in it's absence, my FW is on the sewing table. Before that, I was using the FW on the coffee table to do PP.

I have the same table for our old Singer. We used it all the time as a card table as well when I was growing up. It is nice and sturdy still, if a little banged up here and there.

I have one that came with my FW. I never used it and put in in the basement. I think the top needs refinished. Hmm..maybe I should think about this project this summer.

Blog Entries
    I have a card table type but it has an inset cut out of it that has support underneath and I set my Featherweight right into it. It was made originally for the Featherweight back in the 40s. See if you can locate one of them online. Otherwise, I guess the one you found would work but I think it is rather expensive.

I have another machine called a White. My DH made a table top - just the top, which sets on top of my table I just described. He cut out the area to fit the White and put the supports underneath. I can take it on and off the other table depending on which machine I am using. It is lightweight. I covered it with contac paper so things would slide on it.

I suggest this so that you have a nice area around the machine that is even with it to work on.

BTW, I won the auction for a GORGEOUS Red Eye which is coming from Canada so I may have to have another top made if it doesn't fit into one of the ones I have which I doubt. It does have a motor. It is in perfect condition and I got it for $150 plus shipping. Will post a pic when my new baby gets here. I need to name her. Trying to think of something to do with Canada. Suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by JUNEC

Blog Entries
    I am short and from the photo that machine sits too far inland for it to be comfortable for me. I like my machine closer to the edge of the table to reduce stretching.

Blog Entries
    That's what Ii learned to sew on! My mother took the FW and the table and found a place to sew in every house we lived in-and she even allowed me time at it. Today, i greatly dislike sewing unless my machine is in a table. Lots of storage area underneath.

Hi, Tomilu. :-D I like the pattern in your avatar. What is
    the name of it, please?

Those featherweight tables are few and far between. For a collector they are very valuable.

I have my mother's featherweight and the card table shown. It is quite handy as the work surface is larger than most machine cabinets, and it supports more fabric while sewing. The opening is a few inches back, but never seemed bad to me while using the featherweight, and I am pretty short too. I am so happy to have her machine. We shared some special times with our quilting!

Looks to me like an old, old card table. I would buy a new card table with chairs on sale. Probably won't cost as much as this one.

delma

They say you learn something new every day..well I did today. I even had to text my DH at work to tell him. When we bought our house, there was tons of stuff left up in the attic. We never knew what that table was ..well now we know lol

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast