Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Does anyone have this table

I have one,just love it, and if you can some how make sure it's not a reproduction its a good price. I paid 160.00 for mine. I just love mine . It's just like a card table infact people used them for that also. I looked at it on ebay and mine has a paper label , but I guess it would depend on the age it looks ,the one your looking at has a metel one . maybe someone on here knows the difference.

We have a wooden card table made for a Singer, but not a featherweight. Would be willing to sell if it is what you might be able to use. It came from the late 50's or early 60's. If interested PM me and i will send pictures, measurements, etc.

The card table has a cut out to put the featherweight in. When not using the featherweight there is a piece of wood that covers the cut out. It is a great table for the featherweight and is even with the bed of the machine. Worth it to have one.

Blog Entries
    I have the one that came with my Singer slant needle, straight stitch machine which was a high school graduation gift in 1958. I took it to college with me and moved it from place to place. I still have the machine that fits in it, which makes the best buttonholes ever! The table currently is in my sewing room with bed risers under the legs and a cutting mat on top. My back has been much "happier" since I raised it to use for cutting.

Jan

Safeco makes a short little fold up computer table with a spot in the front that can drop down and it holds a FW very nicely. It costs over $100 but I'm thinking about getting one for an extra sewing table.

my husband makes tables for the featherweights and sells them he also sells the plans for anyone who would like to make it themselves. I have an ad in the classifieds if anyone wants to see the table. No I am not pushing for a sale just thought someone might like to see it. I like the card table seems to me I have seen it before somewhere and wondered what it was for.

I got really lucky and bought one at an auction for $100. It was in beautiful condition and is very sturdy. No vibrations when he machine is going. I love it!

Does not look to stable to me for the price.
    Not sure I lean to hard on it even playing cards.

I have one. It's really great. I used to drag it around all over the place so my DH put some corners on it for me to protect it. I can post a picture if you want. Pippi

Quote Originally Posted by incoming2me
    My Daddy made this table for me a couple of years ago.
    I absolutely LOVE it.
    Another bonus is that my Kenmore also fits the same inset!

I've been so busy using it that I've not gotten around to painting/sealing it.. oops!
    Wow. That is so nice!

I learned to sew on a Featherweight in a table like that - wonderful set up! Enough room in front and to the right side of the machine for pins, scissors, ripper; good room to the left and back for projects. I have a Featherweight but my sister has my Mom's machine and table :-( Someday maybe I'll find a great bargain on a table.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JUNEC
    curious how it would work with a Singer Featherweight -

http://cgi.ebay.com/SINGER-221-FEATH...item5adf604ed0

Card Table for a Singer Machine - how unique!!
    If I remember correctly that is the kind of table that was made for the featherweights. I looks like a card table with the insert section for the FW.

Blog Entries

Washington State summer, Sun City AZ winter
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeNana
    This is my first post. I am wondering if someone could post the measurement of the area from the edge of the table where you sit to the machine. It has always looked like a lot of reaching to the machine. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hen3rietta
    I have the same table for our old Singer. We used it all the time as a card table as well when I was growing up. It is nice and sturdy still, if a little banged up here and there.
    I just measured mine and the front edge of the machine is 6-3/4" from the front edge of the table. I also measured from the needle to the front edge of the table and it's 9-1/2". Hope this helps you! I haven't had any issues with this part of the table being too deep for me. I'm short and have short arms but it doesn't seem to be a problem. I just bought the acrylic extension table for my Bernina 440 and I measured that and it's 6". I think most of the tables for any machine are probably about 6".

Washington State summer, Sun City AZ winter
    Quote Originally Posted by baskets4daze
    We have a wooden card table made for a Singer, but not a featherweight. Would be willing to sell if it is what you might be able to use. It came from the late 50's or early 60's. If interested PM me and i will send pictures, measurements, etc.
    Your table might be for the 301 and 400 series machines.

Senior Member ORSunshineQuilter's Avatar
    Yes, it is made for the Featherweight. It is handy for other purposes as well, such as a card table or luncheon table. It is very handy and easy to store when not in use as it folds up.

I found my FW table at a rummage sale for a mere $5! It is
    sturdy and not wobbly at all.
    Here's a picture of my Featherweight cardtable.
    http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...45965719RMiKSl

Sharon W. in Texas

My mother had a card table that was made by Singer for her machine. It worked great, and when not in use for sewing it doubled as an extra table for use when we had company or if "we" kids needed an extra craft table.

I have this table-it has cutout for singer slant needle=I gave my machine to my neice and had a friend re-do the table for my new Husquavarna (sp?) to fit down into. Love the table, but wish I had the 301 back.

Yes I have one and I'm using it now. I got it at a yard sale the lady didn't want it anymore so she just gave it to me. It need to be refinished so my hubby did that. It is a great table.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by incoming2me
    My Daddy made this table for me a couple of years ago.
    I absolutely LOVE it.
    Another bonus is that my Kenmore also fits the same inset!

I've been so busy using it that I've not gotten around to painting/sealing it.. oops!
    I love it. I'm going to have to get my DH to make me one for my other sewing machines. lol Your daddy did a great job on it.

I do have one, have not ever used it, as Idon't usde my featherweights anymore, nuch prefer my Pfaff. i got mone for the best price ever, free! My neighbor was moving and gave it to me along with a compost bin. Nice combo, right?

You ladies have great deal going, these are awesome and hard to find out here, on the west coast they are pricey and rare, even on e-bay, plus the shipping is more than I can afford, doesn't keep me from wanting one, just from buy one

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3