Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does this seem reasonable? >

Does this seem reasonable?

Does this seem reasonable?

Old 02-16-2012, 08:15 AM

From what I could tell in the pictures it's not very good quilting. I think I could do better and I'm not a LAQer. I would be very skeptical of using them. You get what you pay for.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:18 AM

So you are paying $35 + $24 to have a twin quilted. I guess that is good and probably right on target. The local LAQ does hers for $015 per square inch which is $108, so guess that is okay. I'd check out some of the other ones especially those here n the board and see what they would charge. Remember that is probably fo a non-pattern quilting.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:41 AM

Most of that person's reviews are based on selling fabric, so I would be cautious. I found another one who's reviews are on the quilting: http://www.ebay.com/itm/HAND-GUIDED-...#ht_500wt_1156

I definitely agree with doing some research and asking for references. Aren't there any LA quilters near you? What about asking at a LQS or a quilt guild? I would also research those referrals, but at least they would be local, though I know people who have sent quilts out of state for quilting.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:47 AM

missouri star quilt company know does laqquilting also.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:46 PM

I'd be leary, but that's just me.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:36 PM

just start asking the quilters you know. you should be able to find local inexpensive meandering or pantigram quilters close to you. i did. luv my new lady.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:04 PM

It is a great price if she is at all good. Like others have said I would send only 1 first to see if I was happy with her work. I have a lady in my area that charges $1.00 per inch on the short side. She shows you different designs & discusses why one is better than the other, color choices for thread, & when to expect it to be finished. She just did a queen size for me that was only $90 & I think her prices are really good. I will use this gal again when I get a couple more large quilts.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:35 PM

I would be very hesitant to use the person without getting many questions answered. I, too, would send something small and "unimportant" to test her out. Good luck.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:14 PM

I wanted to jump in here really quick since I sell fabric on eBay. I have listed my longarm quilting services on ebay in the past but not for that cheap. My prices run more like the penny per square inch. I had more success with Etsy, but then found out that longarm quilting is not allowed. Which stinks, because I was getting good business quilting from Etsy. My original thought was to have an Etsy shop and not have to worry about a website too. But now it looks like I will be getting a website set up over the next week or two.
Ask lots of questions to make sure of what she is offering for the price, check her feedback and see if any of it pertains to her longarm quilting. Ask for pictures or a link to an online photo sharing site with her pics. And of course, somebody she has done work for in the past!
Old 02-16-2012, 07:36 PM

This is a link to a website. I haven't used their services but they have a lot of pics of the work they do.

http://thequilteddove.com/default.aspx