Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
does your husband >

does your husband

does your husband

Old 08-29-2010, 07:35 PM

BarbaraTx....I use to have 64-1/2 mustang in the 60s...I wish I still had it, but don't, after I sold it to a young kid, he totalled it 6 mo later that was back in the 70s. I think that is wonderful that your hubby likes what you do.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:13 PM

"My husband doesn't support much of anything that I do. There's days when I can't even breathe to suit him. Besides, it would cost too much to get rid of him and I'm too old to break in a new one. LOL"

Gee, that sounds soooo familiar. One of the many reasons I don't get any sewing done.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:25 PM

I am blessed! Mine is a keeper for sure after 52 yrs. He loves quilting as much as me. I sew the tops and he quilts them on our long arm. I just can't keep up with making tops. He loves going to quilt shops and shows.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:39 PM
Power Poster

My husband is definitely in the keeper category. He supports and encourages my quilting endeavours, is keen to help out with pinning or cutting and will queue at fabric stores during sale time, so I can look for more bargains. All in all quite saint-like...however, as they say, there is method in the madness! It keeps me quiet!
Old 08-29-2010, 10:45 PM

Mine is definitely a keeper.
I showed him a project I pieced today after church. Layed it in front of him at the computer where he was playing a video game and I said, "You're addicted to that game" and not skipping a beat he said, "You're addicted to that quilting". We laughed and then he told me how nice the runner was and wanted to know if we were "keeping this one or sending it off". "Sending it off". "Too bad, it's nice".
He is very supportive, gives me honest opinions not just what I want to hear, stops at LQS if nearby, has begun looking for a FW for me and asks about yard sales and auctions if I want to go and look for machines or fabric. Nowadays I have to remind him we don't have the extra money but thanks just the same for thinking of me. His only hobbies are reading, computer games that really challenge you, being a handy man/fixer upper. He has many tools in the garage all of which he makes good use of. He could build a new home for us if we could afford it.
He loves helping friends and neighbors, is head of the mens group at church, drives the Veterans van for the vets in our area who need a ride to Dr's appts, and goes to college full time. Did I mention he is retired? And yes he can cook, do dishes, wash windows, and he even cleans toilets. We are a pretty good team after 36 1/2 years. Guess he is going to keep me around, too.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:23 PM

yes, and I would expect no less. This is what we do for each other.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:29 PM

my husband try's to support me on anything i try , hes always been an encouragement , and try's to help me n anyway he can , its nice to have our family and hubby's support
Old 08-30-2010, 03:24 AM

My husband is very supportive. When my one and only sewing machine needed to go in for repairs, he said that I should go buy another one to have as a backup! Needless to say, I was on my way to the sewing machine shop before he finished the sentence. I guess he can relate because the garage looks like a John Deere showroom!
Old 08-30-2010, 03:54 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by BethD
My husband is very supportive. When my one and only sewing machine needed to go in for repairs, he said that I should go buy another one to have as a backup! Needless to say, I was on my way to the sewing machine shop before he finished the sentence. I guess he can relate because the garage looks like a John Deere showroom!
I love it !! hahahahahaha :thumbup:
What a guy!! And what a fast runner you are hahahah
Old 08-30-2010, 04:03 AM

Mine has bought sewing machines for me, and found quilt shops when we travel. I've taken over the family rm, and that is okay with him, but he won't let me have half of the garage. Oh, yes he does the laundry, will cook once in awhile,or we go out to eat. We've been married 53 1'2 yrs, and he's my guy. He did give my featherweight to Goodwill which really cost him.