Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: does your husband

Blog Entries
    My DH loves that I have a hobby and that because I am busy quilting, he can sneak out and go fishing whenever he wants. He loves to go to the quilt shops with me as he finds tools he can use when he is tying fishing flies--like cutting mats and rotary cutters. He also has a much better eye for color than I do and he likes helping me with fabric color choices. Whay a great guy--I hope to keep him for a very long time (we have already been married 32 years).

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by damaquilts
    I just want to know where you ladies found all these guys?
    I guess they are few and far between in reality.LOL
    I have been single now since 1990 and am very happy. I was married to one that I couldn't do anything right. Until we had been divorced for a year or so and his new young wife wasn't working out the way HE wanted and he said he realized what a "good little wife" I had been. SAY WHAT!! I told him exactly what he could do with that. LOL
    My DD doesn't really care about my quilting but I do find when I am stuck Her "untrained" eye sometimes sees things mine doesn't
    Congrats to all the women here who found good ones. They are rare.
    Damaquilts- I give you a lot of credit for getting out of a bad situation. We are meant to be happy in this life and we also don't "belong" to anyone but ourselves. Glad you're [email protected]! :D

There was a time when my DH was on my case about every nickel I spent on a hobby. It made me very unhappy and spoiled the hobby. He's not a bad man, though, and I think he finally caught on to how unhappy it was making me. I can tell he's tried very hard to change his ways, and he's been very supportive of quilting. I know I've done things that have made him unhappy too though, and so we're still even. No marriage and no person is perfect, but we're doing pretty well after 35 years.

Damaquilts- I give you a lot of credit for getting out of a bad situation. We are meant to be happy in this life and we also don't "belong" to anyone but ourselves. Glad you're [email protected]! :D[/quote]

I can't take credit. He left . I was raised by my grandmother and you didn't leave you were married you stayed. It took me a long time to be happy single. I thought I needed to be with someone. Now I realize I don't . I just wish people would stop telling me I NEED to be with someone. I am 58 years old. I don't NEED a man in my life. lol

Dramaquilt, I agree with you. after 25 years in a very bad marriage I got a divorce in i988 and still live alone. donot need any one and donot want anyone. just me, my 2 dogs and my quilts, and quilting friends

Quote Originally Posted by lance1quilts22
    Dramaquilt, I agree with you. after 25 years in a very bad marriage I got a divorce in i988 and still live alone. donot need any one and donot want anyone. just me, my 2 dogs and my quilts, and quilting friends
    I am with you . Me, my dogs, and my quilts, Most of my friends now are in the humane society with me. but I am meeting someone Tues that is a quilter.:-)

Quote Originally Posted by BarbaraTX
    support your quilting? My husband NEVER says anything about my buying fabric/patterns/books, etc. In fact, he has on several occasions brought people into my sewing room and opened the doors to my fabric armoire to show them how much fabric I have.
    He doesn't usually come in and ask what I'm making, but when I bring a project out of the sewing room to show him, he oohs and aahs appropriately.
    His hobby is Mustangs - he has a "65 Fastback and 2 "71s. When he's restoring one of them, I'll go out in the garage with a cool drink for him and ooh and ahh appropriately. We make a good team - on Oct. 24, we'll be celebrating 40 years of marriage. I think I'll keep him. :)

We are the same way but my DH's car is a 79' Oldsmobile Cutlass. Its great to be able to appreciate each other's interests.

Blog Entries
    Same here. We no longer collect antiques or spend time camping
    with an RV.....but we each have interests.He still likes to poke around in thrift shops,is a great gardener & care taker of our property.He also has a 2car garage building for his cars, including a67 Ford convertible.It's candy apple red ...same color,type & make as the one he was driving when we met. I tease him about the "money pit" LOL

He'll sit in car with a paper or poke around a hardwre store while I shop for fabric.My Bernina was his idea & he also bought me a Singer Featherweight.He loves all my quilts & I tell him he's still the best choice I ever made :-) After 56 yrs, he still likes hearing it.

So we are supportive of each other. That is the way it should be.

Blog Entries
    Oh oh, I hope my DH doesn't have a double life because he sounds just like yours, very supportive and has gotten me into vintage sewing machines which is fast becoming another addiction for me since I bought my Featherweight.

Blog Entries
    My husband never minds what I sew, in fact sometimes the way he talks to people about my sewing people think I can make anything. Of course he thinks I am a great piano player too. Boy do I have him fooled. lol His only concern is that I stay at it too long because of my back and wrist.

Blog Entries
    My husband never minds what I sew, in fact sometimes the way he talks to people about my sewing people think I can make anything. Of course he thinks I am a great piano player too. Boy do I have him fooled. lol His only concern is that I stay at it too long because of my back and wrist.

My DH supports my quilting, knitting,crocheting, and reading! He's always buying me books to read. He loves me and spoils me rotten. I love him and try to do the same. We've been married for 45 years. We met in kindergarden. I've known him all my life. He is really funny and always makes me feel better if I feel like somethings not working out right. Then oohs and aahs over the things I make and brags about them. He works to hard and I wish he would get a hobby. He says he'll never retire even if he has to be a walmart greeter! He owns his own business, somehow I don't think he'll ever make it to Walmart unless its to buy something.{:->
    I think I'll keep him too.

He values his life, so yes he does. :thumbup:

My DH doesn't comment about my sewing stuff but he is sure to tell everyone I have 4 sewing machines. That's not so many, is it?
    I have a 1938 Singer featherweight, an old red eye treadle, a Janome Gem and a Janome 10000.

He never gripes about my fabric purchases thank goodness.
    Wouldn't do him any good anyway.

Chris

My honey is very suportive-good thing cuz I am obsessed with quilting

My HD is a wonderful quilting "buddy". He has been quilting for the past 15 years and allows me to buy whatever I want. In fact, when we are on the road, he has gone over 100 miles
    ( his own idea) out of our way just to go to a quilt shop that was written up in a magazine or one that we heard about. We have been married for 46 years and I can't imagine life any other way.

Blog Entries
    Guess I better brag about my hubby. Several years ago, he bought me my $3,000 embroidery/sewing machine, which I love. He bought a long table for the machine to set on, and helped me set up my room. Last week we took a wide window shade and glued some felt on it for my "wall". (It kinda works.) He never complains about material, even buys it for me. Oh, and he is good at ooooohh and aaaaahhs. He collects knives and I don't complain about his buying. His money. He watches football all of the time so I sew. We're a good match. I wouldn't trade him!

What a great relationship....way to go and congrats on 40 years. I've been married 21 years and my husband never complains about what I purchase for my quilting. He wants me to teach him!.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbaraTX
    support your quilting? My husband NEVER says anything about my buying fabric/patterns/books, etc. In fact, he has on several occasions brought people into my sewing room and opened the doors to my fabric armoire to show them how much fabric I have.
    He doesn't usually come in and ask what I'm making, but when I bring a project out of the sewing room to show him, he oohs and aahs appropriately.
    His hobby is Mustangs - he has a "65 Fastback and 2 "71s. When he's restoring one of them, I'll go out in the garage with a cool drink for him and ooh and ahh appropriately. We make a good team - on Oct. 24, we'll be celebrating 40 years of marriage. I think I'll keep him. :)

My hubby is my greatest admirer. I am certainly a simple quilter and have never done a totally elaborate pattern or quilting pattern but no matter what I do, he thinks it's perfect and that I am a master quilter. Maybe that's one of the reasons I keep quilting...he makes it good for my ego. I had always said it would be a dream to have a Bernina machine. Several years ago, he surprised me with the Bernina 440 QE...much more machine than I would have ever purchased but he said he knew how much I loved to quilt and he wanted me to have "the best." When I retired and we had to trim back a little on discretionary spending, he was very adamant that it didn't include my quilting things. He never seems to resent anything I do regarding quilting. I think he's a keeper too!!!

Blog Entries
    Boy that sounds just like my hubby of 36 yrs as of Sept 1st.Poor guy is an enabler too. We walk into the Fabric dept. and he just says get whatever you want and then he goes into electronics till I am done, Or if we are in Handcocks, he will either point stuff out that he likes and goes looks around and ends up sitting at the pattern table and looks through books till I am done. What a Gem!!!!! I think I am a frabricaholic!!! He is a great person to have with when I go to fabric stores. I am so blessed!!!!!

Hey kathy we share an anniversary only mine is 29 years
    and we also are 50/60 ish And I keep mine he makes a weekly shopping trip with me to Joannes to pick out fabric with me
    last week he came home and said someone up the street has a sewing machine for sale want to go and look

When I go fabric shopping, my husband says "yes dear" to everything I want. Of course, he always says that, so who could ask for anything more. He has supported all my crafts for the last 44 years and counting.

My husband is happy that I have a hobby I love.

My DH is also a keeper. I wanted to get back into quilting and he really encouraged me. I showed him a pic of the Bernina 830 and said if I wanted it, to go get it. LOL.. I then told him how much it cost. He coughed and said... "You better use it every day for the rest of your life for that price!" I didn't get it, but just the fact that he didn't say NO was enough for me.

He examines my work and will even tell me to take something apart because I could do better.

He helped me make my design wall, put it up for me and has even gone with me to Jo-Ann's several times. I send him to find something and usually finds what I was looking for and more. If I complain about something, (like my cutting table.. it's too small and too low) he tells me to go out and get a better one.

It's a big trade off, he's also into cars and has restored a 81 Corvette. I helped him for many years with that project. Now he's working on restoring a car for me. A 68 MGB.

I think I'll keep him around for awhile longer. LOL

Blog Entries
    I know what you are talking about. He doesnt say anything about the fabric I buy. Its just I cant make anything without a small bit of critizium. I'm just not a perfect sewer. Jean

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast