Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Dropping the F-word

Quote Originally Posted by PatriceJ
    i have discovered one advantage to having a pile of UFOs.

when an unexpected occassion comes up for which i need a special gift in a hurry, i can WIP a UFO out of the pile, polish it off, and hand it over. one less UFO; somebody gets something they will treasure; everybody thinks your some kinda genius super-quilter because you "just found out about it" and were able to deliver a quilt in a "jiffy".

:wink:
    patrice, the only drawback to that is that people think that they can ask you to please make a little something for the _______charity or the housewarming gift or the retirement party, et al, at the very last minute and you will always come through. sadly, it encourages people to be inconsiderate of your time. so i think it's better not to let anyone think you can work TOO fast or that becomes the expectation. then when you really can't do it, they are disappointed or insulted. been there....

oh my! no using the word finished? EEE GADS! If we didn't hope and speak of the end how would anything ever get done?

I have 3 double sized quilts and one king that I'm working on -one is ready to quilt (which I do myself in my little machine) two are nearly ready to quilt and the last is awaiting borders. I also have my charity ones which are on the front burner thanks to boston i.e. Anne and her UFO challenge. I also have the block challenge, but I'm nearly done with that and there is lots of time left.

As Patrice said, there's stuff in my head but those don't count till I "start".

I have one that I started about 15 years ago...my very first attempt at quilting. It was a queen-size with 'bulls-eye' or 'does & darts' (or something like that) for the blocks. Nothing like choosing a complex block for your first attempt. I ran out of patience and didn't make another attempt until a couple of years ago. This time I did it right and started out simple.
    That quilt top is very close to finished, but every time I take it out and think about finishing it, I just look at how NOTHING lines up on it and think how much work it would be and never get around to it.
    Somehow, I have finished each project I have started. It is my goal to not have any other quilt top or other project sit around unfinished for 15 years ever again!

Is there are rabbit gene in quilt fabric? I think mine are multiplying! Help me before I'm overtaken!

Oh now that can't be right, and if it is will you infect my stash with it?

Maybe I piece in my sleep?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4