Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Embrilliance Essentials Embroidery Softwarre >

Embrilliance Essentials Embroidery Softwarre

Embrilliance Essentials Embroidery Softwarre

Old 03-28-2016, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by jem39 View Post
I recently bought Embrilliance Essentials. Haven't a clue how it works. Is there a manual or a ReadMe file that comes with it that I can print out?
Jem - if you go to Embrilliance.com and click on Essentials and then click on Downloads it will show you a link to view/print a PDF file for a Windows or Mac manual. Very helpful.
Old 03-28-2016, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by PghPat View Post
Jem - if you go to Embrilliance.com and click on Essentials and then click on Downloads it will show you a link to view/print a PDF file for a Windows or Mac manual. Very helpful.
Thanks very much Pat. I will go check it out. You live in Leesburg? We're not very far apart.

jem
Old 03-28-2016, 07:50 PM
Gay

I recently bought Embrilliance Essentials. Haven't a clue how it works. Is there a manual or a ReadMe file that comes with it that I can print out?
Gem - If you go to the menu bar at the top - click on Help then help again, it will open a window with all instructions in and you should be able to print them.

I have the demo version of this and so far like it. Mostly used a program called Generations for digitising for many years and am lothe to spend more $s than I need to.

Just FYI - Hope you all realize that you can't change much on a design you buy, probably only the size and colours, even if you buy the 'top' programs. It's to do with the file extension used to save a design. A design saved in Pfaff format won't work in a Janome, and digitising programs are the same, they have their own file ext. and can't change what they do not create.
Old 03-29-2016, 06:08 AM

Gay, this isn't 100% true. Some designs can be changed. I have two softwares, 5D Pro and the Floriani Total control, You can pull designs in, modify them and save them to different formats. When getting software it really depends on what you want as to what you should get. If you only want to organize them then Floriani Image Maker will work, If you also want to be able to print out your designs do small amounts of editing the My Design Album which includes Image Maker will work. 5D has an organizer and you can also do a small amount of editing with it. I just switched to Floriani because there are so many tutorials out there to learn to use their software and they never charge for an upgrade. It would cost me a small fortune to upgrade my 5D Pro to the current level. I couldn't get the training that was offered to me at the time of purchase either. That was a big factor in changing. I also love that with the floriani I don't have to use the dongle. I still use 5D for some things because they have things that floriani doesn't have yet but I found out they are working on it. Like a better thread chart and using cutwork needles.

There is also a program I think its called Wilson that is free and does a few things, including converting file formats.
Old 03-29-2016, 06:29 AM
Banned

I have the FTCU (Floriani Total Control U) and I am STILL trying
to learn how to use it for digitizing.

For the most part I can do a little bit of editing with it, and I can
change formats.

Oh yeah I have had this software for 4 years.
Old 03-29-2016, 08:13 AM

Quilty-Louise---Have you joined the group that you access thru the software. If you go up there and under weekly you can find tutorials. One if for digitizing a purse in the hoop. Plus there is a man, his first name is Trevor, can't remember the last but he has a few tutorials, videos on the site. He just started his 2nd Cd tutorials. I bought them when I bought the software. Along with the CD, you can sign up for his 12 mos of classes that goes with it. You can access them while its live or after its posted you can download them. He sends you all designs that he uses in his tutorials. I've already learned so much more than with my old software and its only been about a month since I got it. Its too bad some of us don't live closer to each other and then we could help each other obtain the skills we want.

there are also more free designs and education on rnkdistributing, they are the makers of FTCU. Good luck and if I can help let me know. I'm new at this but I'm willing to try anything to figure out a way to make it happen.
Old 03-29-2016, 12:19 PM
Banned

Trevor Conquergood is the his name, and I am registered for
a seminar in May to see him.

Yes I am registered on the FTCU website and although I DO
visit the site on a frequent basis however I have a hard time
staying focused on videos and such when I am trying to switch
between the video and the software (alt+tab).

IF I can ever get my sewing room completed than I will be able
to set up my laptop next to my computer, and play the videos
on one while following along in FTCU at the same time.

My desk doesn't have enough room to do that kind of setup
right now.

Originally Posted by romanojg View Post
Quilty-Louise---Have you joined the group that you access thru the software. If you go up there and under weekly you can find tutorials. One if for digitizing a purse in the hoop. Plus there is a man, his first name is Trevor, can't remember the last but he has a few tutorials, videos on the site. He just started his 2nd Cd tutorials. I bought them when I bought the software. Along with the CD, you can sign up for his 12 mos of classes that goes with it. You can access them while its live or after its posted you can download them. He sends you all designs that he uses in his tutorials. I've already learned so much more than with my old software and its only been about a month since I got it. Its too bad some of us don't live closer to each other and then we could help each other obtain the skills we want.

there are also more free designs and education on rnkdistributing, they are the makers of FTCU. Good luck and if I can help let me know. I'm new at this but I'm willing to try anything to figure out a way to make it happen.
Old 04-09-2016, 05:14 PM

Thanks very much Pat. I will go check it out. You live in Leesburg? We're not very far apart.

jem
Hi Jem - I never saw your post till this evening - yes, we live close but wish it were just a little closer - I'd love to have an machine embroidery buddy. How are you liking Embrillance. I like it but I'm a relatively new embroiderer and have a lot to learn. EE does seem to make it much easier.
Old 04-09-2016, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Gay View Post
Gem - If you go to the menu bar at the top - click on Help then help again, it will open a window with all instructions in and you should be able to print them.

I have the demo version of this and so far like it. Mostly used a program called Generations for digitising for many years and am lothe to spend more $s than I need to.

Just FYI - Hope you all realize that you can't change much on a design you buy, probably only the size and colours, even if you buy the 'top' programs. It's to do with the file extension used to save a design. A design saved in Pfaff format won't work in a Janome, and digitising programs are the same, they have their own file ext. and can't change what they do not create.
In Embrilliance you can change the extension on any file - that's what I love about it. I can change the color, the size, wording, extension as easy as can be.
Old 04-11-2016, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by PghPat View Post
Hi Jem - I never saw your post till this evening - yes, we live close but wish it were just a little closer - I'd love to have an machine embroidery buddy. How are you liking Embrillance. I like it but I'm a relatively new embroiderer and have a lot to learn. EE does seem to make it much easier.
Pat - you've done more with your EE than I have. I did find the manual and have printed out part of it (is like 187 pgs if I printed the whole thing!)

We only live here in the winter. Maybe we could meet somewhere in the middle some time next fall???

Am hoping to sit down and play with my EE this summer (when I'm not doing so much running around). I also have the Thumbnailer, but can't figure out how to use it either. Let's just say I'm a bit computer challenged! LOL