Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 51 of 146 FirstFirst ... 41 50 51 52 61 101 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 3639

Thread: Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

hi -thanks for that..yes nothing like trying them out- I wanted to get as much information about them before going in to see them this week! As I am really easily talked into thngs so wanted to get the facts straight in my head before going.Good point about connecting to the computer..for me, it has to be easy, I would rather not ahve too much of a steep learning curve to start with!

I prefer to connect to my computer by flash drive. Keeps me from having to have a seperate computer for the sewing room or to find room for a laptop close to my sewing machine. I just love flash drives!

Blog Entries
    I have a Viking and love it. But it's a matter of what works best for individual needs.
    Abiding in the Vine

I own a Babylock Ellure Plus and don't know anything about the machines you mentioned. I do agree with Momo, what works best for your needs and the user-friendliness plus the price. I'm more than sure whatever you choose you will definitely get help with questions from some of us here on the board. Good luck and enjoy!

Ladies, I have a question for you that are following this thread, how do you use your embroidery machine? What projects do you use it for. I was asked that the other day by a lady in my quilt club....what are you going to use it for? I didn't really have an answer! lol

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Casi View Post
    Ladies, I have a question for you that are following this thread, how do you use your embroidery machine? What projects do you use it for. I was asked that the other day by a lady in my quilt club....what are you going to use it for? I didn't really have an answer! lol
    What DON'T I use it for, LOL!
    I embroider on aprons - both ready made and homemade
    On the veils that I design and sell
    On pillows
    On t-shirts
    Love to make free standing lace Angels to send to friends who need a lift
    On pillow cases
    Making some free standing lace wedding favors for my son
    Oh ... and it is the BEST for elaborate quilting designs.
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Blog Entries
    Casi,

I use my embroidery machine for MANY things from making quilt labels,
    designs on baby bibs, to FSL (free standing lace) such as book marks &
    earrings/pendents, monogram items.

A couple weeks ago I spilled some iced tea on a white top I was wearing.
    After getting home and pre-treating the stain, repeatedly even and washing
    the top there is still a light "off" coloring. It's not a big spot but I KNOW it's
    there so I am going to put an embroidery design over the spot to "hide" it.

Hardest part is deciding WHICH design I want to use. Since it is a top I
    pretty much wear year round (as an "under" shirt with long sleeves in winter)
    I want to do a design that can work for any time of year.

Do not worry about what "others" may think of how/what you use your embroidery
    machine for. It's part of your sewing HOBBY just run with it and have fun.
    Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

The last thing I did was to help my 10 yr old GD embroider butterflies and flowers on a plain demin bookbag that her other grandmother had given her. Of course we did them in metallics! The next project is to embroider some design in white on a pair of summer white slacks that got some spots on a leg last time I wore them. White on white, and then I can keep on using them as basic white slacks in the ol' summer wardrobe. Still have placemats to finish for gifts. Got to hurry, they have Thanksgiving motifs. I use my machine mostly for gifts, but am in the process of making two quilts.

Thanks for the replies! I just knew that I wanted one but now that I have it...not sure what to do with it. I want to make quilt labels but I haven't figured out how to do it. I embroidered some designs on some onesies for a great neice to be and I think I can use it some in making purses which I like doing. I just wondered what else I could do!

Casi the wonderful thing of machine embroidery is that it is open to the imagination of anything especially when you combine the designs to create a "group" look like a winter scene. Now that the holidays are coming it is a wonderful time to make gifts that have a personal touch. Have fun with the creativity and explore! Krystyna where did you get the free standing lace angel designs from?

Blog Entries
    Freebie Alert!!! Colorwork Art Deco Roosters and Days of the Week at http://www.juliasneedledesigns.com/ ONLY until the 16th
    Krystyna

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever View Post
    Krystyna where did you get the free standing lace angel designs from?
    Oh goodness ... all over the place. I'll have to do a search. My favorite one is the Hanky Angel which I stitch over organza, but it takes a LONG time to stitch out. Here's a photo of one I tucked into a bouquet of flowersName:  Angel for Marilyn.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  55.3 KB
    Krystyna

I have a Brother 4000D and a Bernina 630 and love them both.... What I don't love with Brother is they offer better designs to the USA than they do to Europe..... not Fair!

Hugs

Caroline
    Caroline

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Casi View Post
    I'm just finishing up a two sided table runner; one side Fall the other is for Christmas.
    Daughter's work t-shirts
    Quilts and quilting for blocks
    "Paper" dolls and clothes for them.
    Scenic Picture set
    Nativity Set
    FSL, Christmas ornaments, baskets, bowls, etc
    Coin purses w/zipper all done in the hoop
    Christmas cards on cardstock
    Towels