Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Enjoy the process or race to the finish line? >

Enjoy the process or race to the finish line?

Enjoy the process or race to the finish line?

Old 10-13-2011, 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
Originally Posted by QuiltingCrazie
Yes they can fend for themselves but it's that ugly truth of when im busy everyone wants me!!
Oh I know that feeling! Be horrible, like me, so they buzz off and leave you in peace! :twisted: :lol:
Oooooh!!! I thought I was just going through perimenopause, because I have been so horrible lately, :evil: :evil: but really deep down I must want everyone to leave me alone to quilt in peace :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 10-13-2011, 02:59 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by woody
Originally Posted by k3n
Originally Posted by QuiltingCrazie
Yes they can fend for themselves but it's that ugly truth of when im busy everyone wants me!!
Oh I know that feeling! Be horrible, like me, so they buzz off and leave you in peace! :twisted: :lol:
Oooooh!!! I thought I was just going through perimenopause, because I have been so horrible lately, :evil: :evil: but really deep down I must want everyone to leave me alone to quilt in peace :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm thinking of making a sign for my studio door - 'Artist at Work - Whatever You Want, the Answer is NO - Now Buzz Off!'

:twisted: :lol:
Old 10-13-2011, 03:05 AM

[I'm thinking of making a sign for my studio door - 'Artist at Work - Whatever You Want, the Answer is NO - Now Buzz Off!'

:twisted: :lol:[/quote]

Ooooh I need one too!!! Why is it that even when they kids have to walk right past DH they never stop and think to ask him anything it's always "Mum, can I???????" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 10-13-2011, 03:13 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by woody
[I'm thinking of making a sign for my studio door - 'Artist at Work - Whatever You Want, the Answer is NO - Now Buzz Off!'

:twisted: :lol:
Ooooh I need one too!!! Why is it that even when they kids have to walk right past DH they never stop and think to ask him anything it's always "Mum, can I???????" :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

That's because they know who wears the trousers. :mrgreen:
Old 10-13-2011, 03:15 AM

I'm glad you asked this. I love to do intricate work that takes me a long time to complete a project. The quilts are usually bed size. That is where my interests lie. Almost every piece of fabric has to be exactly what I want and I can't even use something I consider ugly fabric. I don't like fabrics to be too matching either. I guess I like an old antique funky look. This is why I can't race to the finish line, but I'm having fun. that's all that matters.
Old 10-13-2011, 03:19 AM

I'm a process person. If it's over too quickly it's like scarfing down a beautifully prepared meal in 10 minutes. What just happened? Was I there for it?
Old 10-13-2011, 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by It'sJustMe
I'm a process person. If it's over too quickly it's like scarfing down a beautifully prepared meal in 10 minutes. What just happened? Was I there for it?
Totally agree!!!!

I think you could apply this to many things ;-) ;-) ;-)
Old 10-13-2011, 03:34 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltbuddy
This is why I can't race to the finish line, but I'm having fun. that's all that matters.
Exactly! :D
Old 10-13-2011, 03:34 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by It'sJustMe
Also EXACTLY! :-D
Old 10-13-2011, 03:35 AM

I just think it's a difference in different kinds of people. There are those of us who keep several ideas in their mind; and can't shut that down; and more than anything enjoy picking out the material and getting that idea 'onto paper' (or into a quilt top) and the GREAT THRILL is gone,even tho they still like the rest. And there are those who enjoy that finality and solitude; and finality of seeing something come to fruition. And then there are those who just enjoy seeing it go from the brain wave idea to the finality of putting the last stitch on the last corner of a HAND STITCHED quilt. I don't think it is a question of having or getting enthusiasm back for some part of the process. I think it's more having done each step; and possibly finding one stage that we totally enjoy. We are all wired differently; and get enjoyment in different ways.