Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
EQ7/EQ8 Tips, Q&A here! >

EQ7/EQ8 Tips, Q&A here!

EQ7/EQ8 Tips, Q&A here!

Old 03-23-2019, 02:41 PM
  #111  
Power Poster
 
QuiltnNan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: western NY formerly MN, FL, NC, SC
Posts: 51,433
Default

congrats on a successful design and finish. Sometimes it's better to just jump right in!
QuiltnNan is offline  
Old 03-23-2019, 02:52 PM
  #112  
Super Member
 
Battle Axe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northeastern Indiana
Posts: 2,800
Default

Essenhause in Middlebury, IN has moved their quilt store from a tiny cramped space in the Corn Crib to the three stories of the old furniture building. I have not seen it yet, but the word is that there is a floor for classes. It brings up all sorts of wonderful thoughts. MIddlebury is near Shipshewana where there are about X number of quilting shops including Yoders and Lollys. I want to be the first one in the door on Monday to take a peek and I'll let you all know. What I'm looking for is a hands on Eq 8 workshop. I left part of my cranial function somewhere along the way and will need someone looking over my shoulder. Marcia
Battle Axe is offline  
Old 03-23-2019, 07:05 PM
  #113  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Deep South near Cajun Country, USA
Posts: 5,357
Default

Originally Posted by cindyb View Post
OMG I bit the bullet and just got EQ8 a couple of weeks ago - and stumbled through a couple of ideas. I wanted to insert another row on the left (like in Excel) and couldn't figure out how. So, now I haven't been back into the program. So glad to see this thread and I'm anxious to go through the whole thing tonight when I have time.
I work in EQ7. When I change the blocks per row or height, it always adds the extra blocks to the right and the bottom, never the left or the top. To get around this, I insert a block border and if I want the row on the left, I would change from "All" being checked to L+R . Then you change the R measurement to 0 and the left one to the block width you need. You have to tell it how many blocks will be in the border. Not sure how to get to this in EQ8.
Barb in Louisiana is offline  
Old 05-02-2019, 06:55 PM
  #114  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: kansas
Posts: 6,407
Default

ok, all you wonderful EQ8 users--I need some help. I designed a quilt for our guild opportunity quilt inEQ8 using 6" blocks (had to draw the block, etc) primarily so we'd have a way to figure yardage. So tonight at the meeting she asked if I could instead design it using 4" blocks. Is there an easy way to convert the design from 6" blocks to 4" without going through all the design steps? I had a 15hr day and am brain dead right now! Thanks!
quiltingshorttimer is offline  
Old 05-03-2019, 02:16 AM
  #115  
Super Member
 
sewingitalltogether's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,288
Default

Signed up for the EQ8 workshop at the Grand Rapids show in August. Really looking forward to that.
sewingitalltogether is offline  
Old 05-03-2019, 02:48 AM
  #116  
Power Poster
 
QuiltnNan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: western NY formerly MN, FL, NC, SC
Posts: 51,433
Default

Originally Posted by quiltingshorttimer View Post
ok, all you wonderful EQ8 users--I need some help. I designed a quilt for our guild opportunity quilt inEQ8 using 6" blocks (had to draw the block, etc) primarily so we'd have a way to figure yardage. So tonight at the meeting she asked if I could instead design it using 4" blocks. Is there an easy way to convert the design from 6" blocks to 4" without going through all the design steps? I had a 15hr day and am brain dead right now! Thanks!
you should just be able to go to layout and change them from 6 to 4". It may be a problem depending on the block design in that it may give you very odd dimensions to cut the block pieces. And if you want to keep the quilt the same size, you will have to add columns and rows to get it up to size.
QuiltnNan is offline  
Old 05-03-2019, 10:15 PM
  #117  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 3
Default

Hi I'm new to site and am a beginner quilter. I've done 4 memorial quilts for myself and 3 siblings from our mothers clothes and 3 rag quilts for my spouse and their siblings from their fathers clothes using YouTube and other tutorials. I now need help fast. I need to make a crib quilt for my niece's baby in a very short time. She has a very neutral home design color and that includes the baby's nursery. I'd describe her style as modern boho/Santa Fe - tans/ivory/grey. I found a photo of a rug and would like to do a rag quilt in this diagonal form and with these style blocks if possible but have no idea where or how to start. Help if you can please. I need it. Lol I'll be using grey, tan, white, and brown from my mother's clothes. my niece was very close to her so this will be an incredibly special surprise thank you in advance for any help you can offer

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 05-04-2019 at 03:01 AM. Reason: remove copyright pic, should have used link
Debmast is offline  
Old 05-04-2019, 06:27 AM
  #118  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 3
Default

Originally Posted by Debmast View Post
Hi I'm new to site and am a beginner quilter. I've done 4 memorial quilts for myself and 3 siblings from our mothers clothes and 3 rag quilts for my spouse and their siblings from their fathers clothes using YouTube and other tutorials. I now need help fast. I need to make a crib quilt for my niece's baby in a very short time. She has a very neutral home design color and that includes the baby's nursery. I'd describe her style as modern boho/Santa Fe - tans/ivory/grey. I found a photo of a rug and would like to do a rag quilt in this diagonal form and with these style blocks if possible but have no idea where or how to start. Help if you can please. I need it. Lol I'll be using grey, tan, white, and brown from my mother's clothes. my niece was very close to her so this will be an incredibly special surprise thank you in advance for any help you can offer
https://www.woodwaves.com/products/s...-wool-area-rug
Debmast is offline  
Old 05-04-2019, 07:21 AM
  #119  
Super Member
 
Teen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Southwest Idaho
Posts: 5,997
Default

HI, Deb...and welcome to the board!! It's a beautiful rug and looks fairly simple to do. Looks like 20" blocks so that would make easy piecing. The layout is called on-point. So, what are you asking help to do? Do you have EQ8? If so, there may be a block in the program that you could open in the block design and can modify. if not, grab some graph paper and draw out block design. One block is using HST (half square triangle) to create design so that is easy enough to do....and the other looks like it can be pieced using log cabin block design...you just need to do a different color placement to get the effect you want and maybe make 4 10" blocks. Or..Just break the blocks down into rows. Others may have more suggestions. Good luck....

Last edited by Teen; 05-04-2019 at 07:28 AM.
Teen is offline  
Old 05-04-2019, 08:33 PM
  #120  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 3
Default

Originally Posted by Teen View Post
HI, Deb...and welcome to the board!! It's a beautiful rug and looks fairly simple to do. Looks like 20" blocks so that would make easy piecing. The layout is called on-point. So, what are you asking help to do? Do you have EQ8? If so, there may be a block in the program that you could open in the block design and can modify. if not, grab some graph paper and draw out block design. One block is using HST (half square triangle) to create design so that is easy enough to do....and the other looks like it can be pieced using log cabin block design...you just need to do a different color placement to get the effect you want and maybe make 4 10" blocks. Or..Just break the blocks down into rows. Others may have more suggestions. Good luck....
Hi Teen thank you for your advice. No I don't have a eq8 I don't know what that even means lol. I just have a regular sewing machine. This quilt will only be a crib size quilt. I guess what I need help with is how to do a rag quilt on the diagonal and how someone would do the 3 connected square/chain block. Like I said I'm new to quilting. I appreciate your help so much. I'm going to google on-point now to see if I understand it. I was able to find that the other was log cabin last night after I posted here. Going to also look for tutorials on that. Again thank you so much.
Debmast is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
RoslynK
Main
8
08-17-2015 02:03 PM
Rhonda
Main
8
11-08-2012 11:29 PM
Johanna Fritz
Links and Resources
4
08-30-2012 12:08 PM
CarolinePaj
Pictures
90
02-13-2011 12:41 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


FREE Quilting Newsletter