Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
exclusions on Jo-Ann's 40% coupon >

exclusions on Jo-Ann's 40% coupon

exclusions on Jo-Ann's 40% coupon

Old 02-25-2011, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by Traditional
Joann's manager shared with me they will no longer recieve Kona fabric they have changed to a different brand.
I am very disappointed to hear this. When the stock is gone new stock will be from a different supplier.
Wow that stinks! Isn't Kona basically a quilter's basic "staple/go-to" item, LOL?
Old 02-25-2011, 06:28 AM

A Snickers bar.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:32 AM

Not all items in the store are on sale or clearance. It just depends upon what the specials are for that week, as to what would be excluded. In others, if quilting fabrics are on sale, and the coupon excludes on sale things, then simply don't go shopping that week for quilting fabric...or shop for other fabrics, threads, interfacing, books, notions (quilting and sewing, which are two different categories in JoAnn's), etc. So I can usually find SOMETHING to spend my coupon on, even if it's only a blue erasable marker...which I use alot of :)

Debbie in Austin
Old 02-25-2011, 06:37 AM

Last time I had a 40% off and another 20% off entire order they wouldn't let me use both. It had to use one or the other. Can you use both on the same order?
I think it depends on who is working the cash register at the time. They always let me use all my coupons at once whether from Michael's or ACMoore plus all of the different Jo-Ann coupons. Michael's used to but now have gone to only one coupon per trip. I tell them at Michael's that I teach crochet classes and used to send my students to them, but don't anymore because of that new policy. I think the most confusing coupon at JoAnn's is the extra 10-20% off coupons. Those can only be used on one item, not your whole order which you can only find out by reading the fine print or finding out when you check out. They can be used on an either regular or sale item. I think they are kind of misleading in their wording.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:44 AM

There 40% off coupon was how I got an ott light and a good iron.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:48 AM

At my local Joann's I use my coupons from the mailer and the online one's I print out and use those too.I can also use coupons from Michaels and Hobby lobby, which sometmes end up being a triple play for me.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:52 AM

Location: Currently Mosquito (which is outside of Placerville) California

Originally Posted by 0tis
I am just starting to get the JoAnn's coupons in the mail - when you read the fine print (which is not easy) - it says - excludes sale priced and clearance items - isn't everything in there on sale or clearanced? I really don't go to Joann's very much because its a couple hours away. Also excludes - sewing machines, Accuquilt GO, cricut, etc. So what can I get for 40% off?
Everything else? LOL Just kidding. Not everything there is discounted or on clearance. However, I tend to reserve buying something like a pack of rotary blades, or a piece of expensive material that I really want for backing or another large project until I have one of those coupons. Most times, when I get a coupon like that the one thing I was waiting to buy is 20% off, disqualifying it for the 40%....It's like they read my mind. LOL

Some of those coupons can also be used online, so you might want to check out those options.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:58 AM

I get the flyer in the mail and then the ones in my email too. I have learned that you can you the coupons from the mailer, the email and the instore coupon (when you can find them) all 3 on the same order. You can't use 2 of them from the same flyer but the different venues of getting the discount and you can. Strange stuff. I normally buy books and stuff for my secret pal that way. Plus the 10% for the VIP card it's great.

and if I can't use the 40% that day when I'm at the store. There is a Mary Maxium done the road and they honour the coupons too... They have Moda fabrics so I can get them or some of their double wide backings are fairly cheap.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:59 AM

I use my coupons for yarn or yarn accessories that aren't on sale. Sometimes the magazines aren't on sale and coupon can be used on them. Books aren't always on sale so possible could be used on them. This past week end was a holiday weekend so there were more sales than usual.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:48 AM

I use that coupon for fabric backing and muslin by the bolt. It I can't find anything else I need that is not on sale, I head to the fat quarter sets or jelly rolls. Sometimes, I just buy a notion like buttons or thread. At 40-50% off, I find something!