Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Experienced embroidery-ers help??? >

Experienced embroidery-ers help???

Experienced embroidery-ers help???

Old 12-04-2010, 06:41 AM

a water soluble on top and a tear away on the bottom It just stablizes the stitches better and they don't pucker when washed.....The water soluble desolves in water so what I do after I'm finished I take a wet cloth and just go over what I did and the stablized will desolve and your done....and it looks great.....
Old 12-04-2010, 08:39 AM
Dkm

I just finished 3 sets. I used Pellon(what they called heavyweight) one layer on the bottom, and a water topping. The topping keeps the threads for coming through the emb. These were made to use as a decoration only. If they are planning on using them just cut the stabilizer as close as possible. By the way the topping comes off with a little water. Most of it will tear away.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:59 AM

This is all great information! I've had my Bernina 730E for a little over a year and have done quite a bit of embroidery but have been hesitant to do towels. Now I have the "inside scoop" and will have to get some water soluble stabilizer so I can make some!!! Thanks for all the great info and suggestions.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:21 AM

There's a sticky stablizer out.You stick it onto the bottom of your hoop.Put your towel on top of the sticky then put the washaway on top of towel.When your done pull off your towel,it will leave a hole in the sticky,you just put another piece of sticky in the hole ready to do it again.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:21 AM
Lyn

You have to put a cut away stabilizer on the bottom and a washaway on top. That keeps the terry cloth loops from comining through the stitches. Embroiderylibrary.com helps to explain this. They even show the different stabilizers used and what happened after several washings. Hope this helped.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:45 AM

I think that sewing with Nancy has a video on this very thing from her sewing show. She has them on her web site too, Also I saw on from the America sews show....all of this is on line I believe as they both have web sites.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:49 AM

Good idea,get the info from the pros
Old 12-04-2010, 10:25 AM

Look at sewforless.com,they have stablizer for embroidery they also have a chat line.
Old 12-04-2010, 02:02 PM

Agree 100% Work for a Janome dealer too and that is the way to go. Water soluable on top and bottom.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:13 PM

I have done towels in the past and had trouble with hoop marks on towels when finished and the nap coming through the embroidery after several washing even with heavy embroidery. Found using a water activated stabilizing in the hoop, activate just the edges and then do the basting stitch around the edges worked best for the back stabilizer. For the front place organza to match the towel over where you are going to monogram. That will keep the nap from coming through and is light weight and easy to cut away when finished