Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Extra Time Now >

Extra Time Now

Extra Time Now

Old 11-09-2010, 02:33 PM

Boy do I have extra time to finish all my some day quilt projects.

I went into work Monday and got laid off. The company was purchased by a foreign company and then down sized the work force. I just don't understand. Where is the improvement our President is talking about?

I look at all my to do list and wonder where do I start. I plan on making some of those tissue holders for sure to hand out at the nursing homes in the goodie baskets my church is making. Thank you for posting the instructions.

Tcharlie
Old 11-09-2010, 02:39 PM
tmw

i'm so sorry you got laid off, my daughter was laid off for over a year, and things were getting tight,, she finally got a job yesterday, and i'm so relieved, i wish you the best luck, hang in there.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:45 PM
Power Poster

Really sorry to hear your news - I hope you get another job soon, and in the meantime, enjoy your extra time for sewing.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:50 PM

{{hugs}} sorry you got laid off.

I hope you can enjoy some of the newly found free time to work on the UFOs - which hopefully shouldn't cost any money if you already have the supplies ;)
Old 11-09-2010, 03:06 PM
Power Poster

Sorry you got laid off, but enjoy finishing some of those unfinished products.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:09 PM

I have been home for9 months desperate for a job. I go through mood swings that will drive anyone crazy. DH is a saint for putting up with this. I have days when I cry all day, the next day sew all day. I am enrolled in school part time so when I am not sewing or having a pity party I study. So far I finished two of my classes with an A and have one more final the day before Thanksgiving. Then I get 6 weeks off before I start school again, this time full time.

Take it one day at a time and don't bottle up your feelings. Let them out. It feels good. Good luck finding another job if that is what you want to do.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:22 PM
Power Poster

I know it's stressful not finding a job. My prayers are with anyone in need of a good job. My kids never understood why we lived so beneath our means when they were growing up. I worked and DH worked but we lived on one pay check. We both made the same salary. One went in the savings for emergency, like car deductibles, medical bills, appliance break downs and so forth. We decided that if the worst happened then we would be okay if one of us had a job. It paid off big time when college years came around. We were able to pay for all our kids college cost, and give them a nice head start after college (they can now take care of themselves and not come back home was our thinking) and I got to retire extra early. It was hard to not buy the new car, new furniture, new house when we could afford it.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:24 PM

Been there, done that. Got laid off at 8am last February 25th. You will survive, & may find a better job. There are some out there.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:51 PM
Power Poster

(((HUGS))) I hope that you find another job soon (((HUGS)))
In the mean time, enjoy the extra time at your machine :D:D:D
Old 11-09-2010, 04:20 PM

I hate hearing this kind of news. Seems every time you turn around a person has been laid off. I'm really sorry for your situation and hope something will come along soon. In the meantime, as the others said, use your time to get things done and that, at least, will make you feel good. It's quite strange - when we work and don't have time for our craft, we wish we did. When we do have time, we wish we didn't! Good luck to you.