Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast

Thread: A Farewell to Konstantin

bye,bye,Konstantin. Many, Many happy years of wedded bliss is wished to you and your new Mrs. Welcome Talia. We will treat you with kid gloves (for a little while).HaHa

Quote Originally Posted by TaliaRose
    Quote Originally Posted by leonajo
    Welcome Talia, U might as well start buying fabric......Ur life is about to take a Big Amzing Change!
    Is it weird, or maybe telling, that I already "hoard" fabric (I hate using the word "hoard", but I can't think of anything better to describe it)?

I keep adding to my stash whenever I see something cheap and funky. I justify it by reminding myself that my mother is a superstar with the needle (sewing, quilting, knitting.. you name it!) and someday I will get the hang of it and make something beautiful out of all these scraps.

I think it's finally time to start putting my stash to use.
    Oooohhhh yea! That's the start...first you buy fabric cause it is neat, then you pet it and stroke it, then you justify buying more and then you start looking for LQS's that just happen to be on the way when taking a trip, then you start finding patterns that would be "perfect for that piece of fabric"...and before long you will be quilting up a storm! So glad that you are here, cause it is the perfect place for help and tips and sharing the addiction! :thumbup:

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Is it weird, or maybe telling, that I already "hoard" fabric (I hate using the word "hoard", but I can't think of anything better to describe it)?
    We dont "hoard' - we "build stash." (We are also delusional but won't admit that to ourselves.) :mrgreen:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nursie76
    Quote Originally Posted by leonajo
    Welcome Talia, U might as well start buying fabric......Ur life is about to take a Big Amzing Change!

I keep adding to my stash whenever I see something cheap and funky. I justify it by reminding myself that my mother is a superstar with the needle (sewing, quilting, knitting.. you name it!) and someday I will get the hang of it and make something beautiful out of all these scraps.

I think it's finally time to start putting my stash to use.
    Oooohhhh yea! That's the start...first you buy fabric cause it is neat, then you pet it and stroke it, then you justify buying more and then you start looking for LQS's that just happen to be on the way when taking a trip, then you start finding patterns that would be "perfect for that piece of fabric"...and before long you will be quilting up a storm! So glad that you are here, cause it is the perfect place for help and tips and sharing the addiction! :thumbup:
    ROFL!!! :D

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MadQuilter
    We dont "hoard' - we "build stash." (We are also delusional but won't admit that to ourselves.) :mrgreen:
    Oh I like that! I don't like using the word "hoard" because it implies negativity. When I'm going through my stash, of fabric and beads, it's a VERY positive experience!

Wow!! What a surprise you gave us, Konstantin. I wish you and your new wife the very best and thank you so very much for taking care of us.

Patrice, so glad you're still going to be here, we couldn't do it without you.

Blog Entries
    i have a question will the board still have the same name.and Patrice you have done a wonderful job here with me always bugging you i just what to say thank you so much for your help

Welcome to the board, TaliaRose. We'll have you quilting in no time. LOL

Congratulations to Konstantin and his new bride and all the best!!!

Welcome to Talia. :D

Wow! Congrats to Konstatin and his future Missus,we will miss you,hope you are very happy
    Welcome TaliaRose,Here's to a long future with us!

Blog Entries
    Congratulations to all as they make these wonderful life changes. This board has been in great hands in the past and we are all grateful. The future admin looks to be vibrant, energetic and open to forward looking and we welcome you as well with open arms. We have been a very fortunate group to have such caring wonderful people create and continue with this board. Thank you all that put your energy into making this a positive, learning, caring, sharing place to be.

Congratulations and THANK YOU Konstantin! Teach that new bride to love quilting so the two of you can at least remain Quilting Board members.

Welcome TaliaRose! Hope you enjoy this... Your kitties are so darned cute!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    Congratulations and THANK YOU Konstantin! Teach that new bride to love quilting so the two of you can at least remain Quilting Board members.

Welcome TaliaRose! Hope you enjoy this... Your kitties are so darned cute!
    Thank you for the warm welcome. They are all grown up now... and still cute!!

Congratulations Konstatin on upcoming wedding wishing you and your bide-to-be all the happiness. Thank you for creating this wonderful community and bringing us all together.

I am happy Patrice that you will continue on to keep us on the up and up.

Welcome Talia Rose congratulation on your new position. Hope you have as much fun as we have coming to this everyday.

Awwwhhh....Gorilla love!!! Welcome TaliaRose!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Whew -

After a busy day of quilting and not being on the board I sit down to rest and catch up with the latest. Was NOT expecting my breath to be taken away with the title of 'A Farewell to Konstantin" and .... well, let's just say my heart sank until I read the whole story. I can't imagine this board not being here, so am sooooo glad that is not the case.

Having said that --

Congratulations to Konstantin and his bride to be! What wonderful news there.

Patrice - so glad you are staying!

And a very warm welcome to TaliaRose! I love your name! It sounds like the name of a beautiful quilt!

Welcome Talia

Blog Entries
    Welcome TaliaRose and I wish you the very best here on the board. Wishing Gorilla Konstantin and his new bride many blessings and maybe you and she can drop in from time to time to say hello! PatriceJ, it is good to know that you will be helping with the transition and also keeping the position of Moderator. I just love this site and look forward for many more years of coming here.

Parting is such sweet sorrow, but you're embarking on a wonderful new life and I wish you and Mrs. Gorilla a long and happy life together. Thanks for all you've done for us.

A warm welcome to TaliaRose. As with all newcomers, I'm sure you'll find this a warm and cozy place to be and I wish you well.

All the best to Konstantin and his bride.

A warm welcome to TaliaRose.

A well-done and glad you are staying to PatriceJ (ever the voice of reason!).

We will miss Konstantin. Best wishes. And welcome TaliaRose

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Welcome Talia! What a beautiful name.Congrats to Konstantin!

Blog Entries
    I keep having this image flashing through my mind since reading this announcement...

King Kong :roll: holding onto the beautiful lady :D:D:D I hope they honeymoon somewhere else besides the Empire State Building :wink: 8-)

He's getting married? No way!! When did he have time to do that? I've ALWAYS seen him on here at the wee hours of the night/morning. Hmmm....I sure hope he takes care of Future Mrs. Gorilla!!

Now TaliaRose....Be careful and watch out what others say/do. I'm the ONLY sane one here on this message board. It's true, I used to live on an big island and then moved to a much smaller one, but hey...not my fault. Something or other about a wife is supposed to follow her husband or something dumb like that. I listened and followed the man. He FINALLY brought me back to civilization where I have met some of the nice ladies of this board. Don't believe them if they try to tell you that I am crazy. I'm really not. I'm as sane as you are, but then again, you can't be all that sane if you are taking over this message board. hehe

Anyway...A HUGE welcome to you and if you need anything, just ask and one more thing....I've got your back, as will some of the others.
    Oh, forgot...one more thing...Patrice is as crazy as I am! muhahahahaha!!!!

Banned
    I'm so new here, I don't even know who Konstantin is, but I still wish him and his new bride all the best for a happy, blessed future together! :D
    Talia Rose, I just love your name and your avatar. I also have two orange kitties who keep me smiling throughout the day. Welcome aboard!! :D

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast