Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Favorite Quilting Magazine? >

Favorite Quilting Magazine?

Favorite Quilting Magazine?

Old 04-24-2010, 04:57 PM

It would have to be 3! McCall's Quilting, American Patchwork & Quilting, and Quilter's World....these I feel are the best, always a good variety and something for every skill level. I do like Fons & Porter, but most of their stuff is more advanced.
Kind Regards,
MaryAnna
Old 04-24-2010, 05:47 PM

My favorites are Quilter's World, Quick Quilts, and Fons and Porter's Easy Quilts...not necessarily in that order...just depends on what patterns catch my eye. Oh, I also like The Quilter magazine.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:50 PM

A group of us quilters just plain plan and share. Whoever wants to borrow and copy anything can. I scan whatever I want to save so the magazines remain intact.

See if you can get some quilting friends together for a magazine sharing.

Sometimes I just plain splurge and go have coffee at a bookstore and browse all their quilting magazines and then choose which one I want.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:06 PM
Banned

I would go look at them, One time my hubby let me buy one, so there was one, I can't remember the name, but I loved the quilt on the front cover, I was so excited only to find out when I got home the pattern I liked so much was not in the magazine. I was very upset, as we don't have money and that was such a treat to get that magazine. God bless. Penny
Old 04-25-2010, 07:59 AM

Quiltmaker and Fons and Porter are my favorites, however I think they are all too expensive so I am cutting back on how many I subscribe to. It seems to me as much advertising as they have now they could cut the subscription price down. Other magazines with lots of color pages and lots of advertising are much more reasonably priced. What do you think?
Old 04-25-2010, 08:31 AM

I agree on the price of subscriptions now. It is sad. Other magazines like Better HOmes, Mccals, Ladies Journal I can get for 5.00. Surely quilters buy more than that. But back to the subject at hand,. I have been looking thru my magazines and I realized my favorite is all of them. I have over 50 Quilting Newsletters (for the lady who hasn't seen it mentioned yet.lol). So buy one of each and see for yourself. They also have specials now where you sign up and get a gift one for 9.95. Why can't we get it for that to begin with. Good for your friend anyway.LOL
Old 04-25-2010, 09:13 AM

Austrilan patchwork and quick quilts. I was a Wal-mart and the lady was putting out new magazines, I ask her what she did with the old quilting magazines she said "I thrown them away". I ask if there was anyway I could buy them at discount for my guild because we make charity quilts. She replied "I thrown them away". That seems like such a waste I wonder if there is anyway we quilters could get them at a discount. Anything but throw them away.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:42 AM

For those interested in Australian Patchwork & Quilting (a personal favorite), it can be purchased by subscription through North American distributors. It's way too expensive to get directly from Australia. There are two distributors listed: Stonehouse Publications (1-800-461-1640) and Brewer Quilting (1-800-676-6543). I can't remember which one I get it from. Probably need to call both see if still available and what the cost is. One may be cheaper than the other. It is a little cheaper than buying individual magazines. I subscribe to about 6 quilting magazines and am getting overwhelmed with magazines. But, when I receive them, it is so much fun and I go back and look at them over and over and over.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by lclang
Quiltmaker and Fons and Porter are my favorites, however I think they are all too expensive so I am cutting back on how many I subscribe to. It seems to me as much advertising as they have now they could cut the subscription price down. Other magazines with lots of color pages and lots of advertising are much more reasonably priced. What do you think?
I firmly agree with you! I too had Quiltmaker, but did not re-new. I'm down to 3 now, and may drop 1 more. They are expensive, especially those that are only 6 issues per year. And now they all have way too much advertising. So they all need to drop their prices. Back when many of these mags started, they did not have as much advertising and were chock full of patterns, so you could understand why they were more expensive, but not anymore!
Kind Regards,
MaryAnna
Old 06-06-2010, 10:59 AM
Google Goddess

I just love looking at the quilting magazines