Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Favorite Quilting magazine >

Favorite Quilting magazine

Favorite Quilting magazine

Old 01-10-2011, 06:11 AM

I personally think the digital subscription to Quilter's World is the best deal around. 15.00USD and you can download back issues for two years and everything that comes out for the year ahead (as they become available). Then sit at the computer (and we all know us quilt boarders are good at that) and browse. You can print just the pattern you want. SAVE a tree! Or even better just keep your laptop open on your sewing table and follow the directions on the screen and SAVE another tree!!
Old 01-10-2011, 07:41 AM

Quilters World: It's print or digital. I like the digital because all the magazines ever printed are available to me online. If I want to print a pattern, I just print it. I don't have to store all those magazines. But the biggest reason I like it is because it virtually ALWAYS has several patterns in it that I like. There are also web bonuses.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:07 AM

I only subscribe to one quilt magazine and it's 'Quiltmaker'. I like it because they have patterns for all levels and the instructions are very clear. Second and third choices if I could afford two or three more would be 'Quilt' and 'Fons and Porter'. If you go to quilt shows, some of them have recycled magazine for 25¢ each and it's a good way to get a collection started.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:51 AM

My favorite is Quiltmaker because the quilts in it are very nice but not complicated and time-consuming to make. I call it quilter-friendly.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:01 AM

If you have a Barnes and Noble in your area, go in and look at all the magazines you want with no hassle. Then you can make a decision on what one is right for you.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:05 AM

I personally like Quick Quilts and Quilts and More primarily because I am a fairly new quilter and like projects that go together quickly and easily. Plus they always have basic tutorials in the issues so for me they give me the most bang for my buck. I love looking at the other mags anyway, but many of the projects are out of my ccomfort zone (for now) All of them are really terrific.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:05 AM

I love Quick Quilts... always a pattern there and four times a year Easy Quilts comes out... actually I can find something in every magazine a pick up.. what a dilemma that is.. LOL
Old 01-10-2011, 09:10 AM

I am new to quilting and the first magazine I have tried so far is "Quick Quilts." They have 15+ projects in each issue that are explained in extreme detail and are do-able quicker projects not so intricate that you would "love to try then someday" when you get better at it.
Marysewfun
Old 01-10-2011, 09:33 AM

Head to your newstand and browse, and check out magazines online. Choose one or 2 that appeal the most to you. I used to have 5 or 6 subsc. at times, but now I just have 3:
American Patchwork & Quilting (BHG), McCall's Quilting & QUILT magazine
McCall's Quick Quilts is a good one too, for easier patterns
I also love the Aussie mags, but lucky to have a friend who gives those to us :)
Old 01-10-2011, 09:52 AM

I like Fons and Porter and Quick Quilts.