Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Finishing one top before starting another? >

Finishing one top before starting another?

Finishing one top before starting another?

Old 06-26-2011, 12:46 PM

My own rule? Finish one project before starting another, but I will have two going at one time. Currently, I'm pretty much sticking to that rule. I have a TATW that I corrected a mistake in that is waiting for the LA that I can us to become available. (If I can figure out how to sandwich it myself, I may just go ahead and do it on my machine, not sure yet.) I also just finished the last block for a D9P, next step there is to starch the block (from what I read, this is a good way to ensure more accurate cuts?) cutting them apart, and then rearranging them, labeling the rows, and putting them back together.

I want to finish the scrapbook I'm currently working on, and I may go ahead and pull out the wall hanging that I got to go in our family room. Since we bought a new entertainment center, we had to take down some pictures, and I'm not inclined to put them back up, thus freeing room for some wall hangings instead.
Old 06-26-2011, 01:05 PM

I have about 6 or 7 in the works. I quilt a while on one and when I get tired I work on another. I eventually get them all done, but in the process, I start a few more.
Old 06-26-2011, 01:12 PM

I feel like I'm the odd one here. I personally love quilting more than making tops. Of course, I hand quilt them which would kind of make you think I would like piecing them more. But in order to quilt one I need to make the tops and I'm always thinking of who I want to make a quilt for next. But I think the main reason for this is that I only have a limited supply of fabrics (since I don't have a job yet I'm not allowed to buy any fabric) but it kind of takes more time to quilt them so I can still spend my time quilting instead of doing nothing at all...of course, I could spend that time looking for a job...
Old 06-26-2011, 01:15 PM

That is a beautiful quilt. You are to be commended. You have done a wonderful job.
I would be afraid to tackle such a large one.
Keep up the great work.
Old 06-26-2011, 01:23 PM

Oh my, all I can say is WOW. They are gorgeous.
Old 06-26-2011, 01:24 PM

I try to work on one project at a time. But when I am in the final stages of that quilt I am thinking and planning the next one. I always have several going on in my head.
Old 06-26-2011, 03:48 PM

I have about 6 projects going so I don't get tired of any of them.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:40 PM

I jump around. I had 4 quilts to finish, and I did two of them. Now, I have finished another separate one and have another two in the works, back to 4.
I see something I like and next thing you know I working on it. lol
Syl
Old 06-26-2011, 04:47 PM

to piece or to quilt, that is the question, is it nobler in the mind to finish...................giggle
Old 06-26-2011, 04:57 PM

i have the oldest UFO started in the 1920's grandma never finished it , my mother never touchedd it, i look at it occasionally and my daughter says"do not leave it for me" however my grandson just married this darling girl who is intrested in my quilts.....do you think i could get her hooked on quilting and hand it off ????