Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Follow up on my quilt police visit. >

Follow up on my quilt police visit.

Follow up on my quilt police visit.

Old 10-23-2011, 09:26 AM

I feel so sad for her; she is one unhappy person.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:44 AM

[quote=collady]She was only trying to help me get better, because I was too old to know what I was doing.
I am still laughing!

LOL!! That poor child! She has so much to learn--and probably the hard way!

I wonder if she will remember this encounter when she gets to be our age--probably not--she probably has selective memory to go with her rudeness!
Old 10-23-2011, 10:46 AM

[quote=collady]She was only trying to help me get better, because I was too old to know what I was doing.
I am still laughing!

LOL!! That poor child! She has so much to learn--and probably the hard way!

I wonder if she will remember this encounter when she gets to be our age--probably not--she probably has selective memory to go with her rudeness!
Old 10-23-2011, 11:32 AM

Hmmm, 'too old to know what you are doing'? Does she think experience is purchased? She obviously thinks that we all just arrived at 'old' one day, and had done nothing up until that point.

Hmmpf, some people's children.... I do wonder what kind of parents could raise such a clueless child.

Good thing none of us chose our relatives, some people would spend a lot of time apologizing for 'our' bad choices. Mwahahahaha!
Old 10-23-2011, 11:33 AM

Isn't it too bad that people seem to have to make themselves so unhappy! It is definitely a choice! Lucky young man to have broken it off. It wouldn't have worked!
Old 10-23-2011, 11:39 AM

I hate that that happened to you. Yooung people don't always realize how ridiculous they sound. No excuse for bad manners tho. As for the quilt police in-general, I have decided that when they pay for my quilting supplies, the electricity used to sew and the gallons of diet coke I drink during my process, then and only then, will I heed their advice or acknowledge their rudeness!!
Old 10-23-2011, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by kaykwilts
Originally Posted by Happy Tails
Sure gives special meaning to - you can pick your friends, but not your relatives...
I have to disagree with this statement. Destructive people are just that...destructive. And no one, regardless of how these people may be "related" to you, has to put up with some one in their life being so destructive just because they are part of the "family tree". You may think I am cold and rude too, but I had a sister that was so negative and so destructive to my marriage, that I cut off all ties to her, and we never speak anymore except through attorneys. That may seem extreme, but it was so bad, I was left with NO recourse to protect myself except legal ones. So you can pick your relatives...at least in my mind you can....you don't have to be a part of anyone's life who only seeks to ruin yours...."family" or no....imho.
I agree that you do NOT have to put up with relatives, just because they are relatives. I stopped putting up with my brother when I was about 23 years old. I just got tired of picking up the pieces. He is 4 years younger than I am, and it has been well over 25 years now since we have even spoken to each other. He just had his 61st birthday. Don't care. I have plenty of wonderful relatives who I would have as friends, if they weren't related.

You think she is a "quilt police"? Just imagine what that dear man escaped. Can you picture the wedding night? OMG!!!!
Old 10-23-2011, 12:03 PM

People are really stupid. This weekend end I put 2 of my quilts in an Auction for my Grand son to raise money for the gym.

They were put in a penny Auction next a a $10.00 gift certificate. Yeah TEAM. so stupid. My husband was next to the woman who won one of them I did all by hand 60x80. The Mother came over and said she like it because she had won another one and it was warm. Ya WARM MY ***. I guess I'll send them a roll of toilet paper next time. Boy Am I mad. I could have given my grandson the money it cost me instead of this.

Thy were so stupid they took $125.00 for a week in Nova Scotia.A trip to Disneyland for 4 $250.00. I have been to these Auctions at this place and thousands of dollars were made. I don't get how dumb there were. They had a Vascectomy in the live Auction. Who would bid on that. 1,000 dental work. No takers.

This does make me smile. My sons MOL is very New England person and at her church they Auctioned off a day in a Nudist Camp. That went for $150.00 and all the questions they could ask. IT was only worth $50.00.He said it was SO FUNNY.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by MaryStoaks
I agree with all the comments made here! A sad thing to admit but one of my grandaughters acts just like this rude young lady. She has caused all of our family a world of misery. I think they have mental health issues.
there is saying "think anything you want, but be very careful what you say, and never WRITE ANYTHING DOWN" it has work well for me
Old 10-23-2011, 12:07 PM

I am so sorry this happened to you and your quilts. I think before we donate to things like this, we need to tell them how much money we have invested(and how much time) and that if they are not going to recoup a fair amount for it, then donate a gift certificate instead. Just my opinion.

Originally Posted by vwquilting
People are really stupid. This weekend end I put 2 of my quilts in an Auction for my Grand son to raise money for the gym.

They were put in a penny Auction next a a $10.00 gift certificate. Yeah TEAM. so stupid. My husband was next to the woman who won one of them I did all by hand 60x80. The Mother came over and said she like it because she had won another one and it was warm. Ya WARM MY ***. I guess I'll send them a roll of toilet paper next time. Boy Am I mad. I could have given my grandson the money it cost me instead of this.

Thy were so stupid they took $125.00 for a week in Nova Scotia.A trip to Disneyland for 4 $250.00. I have been to these Auctions at this place and thousands of dollars were made. I don't get how dumb there were. They had a Vascectomy in the live Auction. Who would bid on that. 1,000 dental work. No takers.

This does make me smile. My sons MOL is very New England person and at her church they Auctioned off a day in a Nudist Camp. That went for $150.00 and all the questions they could ask. IT was only worth $50.00.He said it was SO FUNNY.