Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Give away your UFO's ! >

Give away your UFO's !

Give away your UFO's !

Old 06-25-2010, 05:18 AM

Please please if anyone has any they can spare I would love to have them. I try to look for such things at garage sales, but hardly find any. I am just learning to quilt, so this would be a great opportunity for me to learn. I would be willing to pay for shipping. Please pm me.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:46 AM
Power Poster

so, we have had some good response to this...at least i have :)
and i went in the sewing room last night after hearing from a few of you to look through some of my ufo's...and you know, sometimes looking with (fresh eyes) sometimes does make a difference! there were a few blocks i pulled out and thought...ya know, it doesn't have to turn into a quilt...those would make nice table runners :)
then i really got serious...will i actually make a table runner out of them? probably not...they have been in that box, moved from place to place for years...i don't even like that fabric anymore...boy, why the heck did i ever do that...oh ya, learning a new technique...didn't like the technique, now i have (practice) blocks living in boxes...so, i am now being ruthless (but i did pull out 3 that i'm inspired to finish now!!! the others...well they are no longer going to be orphans, they are going to be adopted by someone who will see them with new eyes :) i have heard from 3 of you who have requested and will receive...the underground railroad is gone now ( i am so happy about that!!!) and i have ziplocks of swap blocks...i participate in swaps but very seldom actually do anything with those blocks...i usually do them just to be able to make the necessary blocks...so, i'm going to send some of those away too...most of this is years old!!(not hundreds, but 4-7, don't want you to think you will be getting antiques:))
so, anyway, i think over the weekend i will try to organize what i still want to pass on and snap some pictures so some of you may pick and choose....some random blocks...swap blocks ect will go to the person who wrote about the new guild. i am trying to (WEED) so, really am not interested in receiving a different ufo, or scraps, or anything like that. if you are able and can afford to reimburse postage that is always appreciated (especially by my dh) but don't worry about it if it causes hardship, other than that Pictures of completed projects would be wonderful and if i send you something that even you can not figure out what to do with, please just pass it on...sooner or later someone will know what to do with it. once i start mailing these out i will start a new topic for everyone to start sharing with all of us the ufo's you adopt and what you did with them ;)I am a big believer in PAY IT FORWARD...
Old 06-25-2010, 05:50 AM

ckcow please keep me in mind. I would love to have anything you don't want and I am willing to pay postage. This would be aa great way for me to practice and I promise you they would get finished.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:02 AM

I would certianly be willing to organize an exchagne if anyone was interested . They could send me what they don't want with a list of things they did one. I could try to matchup UFOs and sent them off to happy homes.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:07 AM
Power Poster

I will share fabric without a problem but all my UFOs are going to be finished by me. I still love them just need the time to finish.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:29 PM

I found this link on an older post. Looks a bit interesting and cute patterns http://www.ufo-rphanage.com/intro.shtml
Old 06-26-2010, 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by LeeAnn
Times are lean for many of us. I think we should stop hording our unloved UFO's and pass them on to quilters who would cherish them and enjoy finishing them. I have never been able to throw out my unfinished work even though I know I will not complete it. It would do my heart good to know someone else would find joy in it.

Let's dig out our incompletes and share with our friends. Think of how great it would be to see your quilt finally complete and think of the joy it would bring someone else.

What are your ideas and thoughts?

My youngest turns 18 today!!! Is he still an UFO? Some days I do cherish him and yet others......
I think I could share him....
Old 06-26-2010, 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by JudyG
I should be called a "piecer" not a "quilter" as I really love the piecing, but everything comes to a screeching halt when I need to do the quilting. I am getting somewhat better about it though.

That is me exactly! I love cutting and piecing! the sandwiching and quilting? not so much!
I have managed to do some trading off, i have done cutting for a quilter friend and she has done binding a quilt for me..
Old 06-26-2010, 04:24 AM

Personally I like your UFO!!!!!!Very pretty!
Old 06-26-2010, 05:16 AM

In my world, I would be grateful for anything to do with quilting. I am mostly housebound so no real outside shopping and if I could I couldn't. Even a piece of material or any supply would be of help to me. Thank you and good thoughts.