Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Go! Fabric Cutter - Questions about Accu Quilt >

Go! Fabric Cutter - Questions about Accu Quilt

Go! Fabric Cutter - Questions about Accu Quilt

Old 12-27-2013, 07:32 AM

Welcome to the board. The accuquilt is pretty cool. I wouldn't make that big of a purchase until you know for sure you're going to stick with quilting. It's pretty expensive and you have to buy separate dies that costs anywhere from ~ $20 - $100. I have the baby go, and I don't use it as much as I thought I would. A friend has the studio and the regular Go and I use hers occassionally, mostly to cut a boatload of strips. Research the different cutting systems first because there are so many.
Old 12-27-2013, 07:54 AM

Good Morning Jennifer, Thank you very much for your suggestions. I do appreciate your taking the time to respond. By the way, my gray kitty Sparkle, loved the picture of your gorgeous orange tiger kitty. Some of my most beloved pets were orange kitties. Wising you a Happy 2014. Smiles, Snowrose
Old 12-27-2013, 07:56 AM

Good Morning Charity Crafter,

Thank you for your suggestions. I will indeed weigh the costs and consider my renewed dedication to quilting. Happy quilting! Smiles, Snowrose
Old 12-27-2013, 08:01 AM

Good Morning quiltingcandy,

Thank you so much for the detailed information and encouragement. Since I last quilted have experienced three hand surgeries and believe owning a Go Cutter would ease the cutting preparation for quilting. It has been too long since I've created with fabric, and ready to resume that connection. Look forward to "seeing" you online. Happy Quilting! Smiles, snowrose
Old 12-27-2013, 08:03 AM

Good Morning Nancy, Thank you for your welcome! Interesting to read the places where you have lived. I am in Idaho, was raised in Oregon, and have lived in Mississippi, California, and at Goose Air Base, Labrador-Newfoundland. Eager to reconnect with fabric creations and gifting my family. Wising you a Happy New Year! Smiles, Snowrose
Old 12-27-2013, 08:11 AM

Good Morning peaceandjoy,

Learning how to do replies and hope that you will receive this. Greatly appreciate your sharing about the Go Cutter and telling me which dies you have, the links to reasonable purchasing, and informative comments. They are helpful! Wishing you Happy Quilting and eager to reconnect with the creative world after being away too long. Happy Quilting to you! Smiles, Snowrose
Old 12-27-2013, 08:16 AM

Good Morning Misty's Mom, Thanks for the inspiration and comments. I feel buoyed by the "vitamins of encouragement" from fellow quilters and truly appreciate your welcome. Tried accessing your picture without success, just because I am unfamiliar with how. Clicked on the link which took me to a long list of pictures. What is the best way to then access a particular quilter's picture? Thanks for helping. Happy Quilting! Smiles, Snowrose
Old 12-27-2013, 08:43 AM

I have the GO cutter and am enjoying using it... a lot! I am using it to cut up my scraps into useable shapes for scrap quilts. I have also used it to cut 4 quilts ready for piecing...less than an hour per quilt.

I've mainly invested in shapes that coordinate...squares, rectangles, triangles as well as the tumbler and circles. Watch for them on sale. Also, my GO came with a die that included a square and triangles. Happy cutting!
Old 12-27-2013, 08:54 AM

Hi Limey, Thank you for the response. I too have arthritis and that is one of the reasons a cutter has appeal. Unfamiliar with the Sizzis, yet will take a look at it too. Wishing you Happy Quilting! Smiles, Snowrose
Old 12-27-2013, 08:55 AM

If you would like to see some great quilt patterns, may I suggest going to the Quilters Cache website. You will have lots of patterns to look at. Another website,Quilt in a Day. Check your local PBS channels for quilting shows. If you go to Quilt in a Day's website, they have a media theater for you to watch Quilt in a Day episodes for free. One ruler that I use all the time is June Tailor's Shape Cut ruler. If you want to do strip quilting, a Shape Cut is so fast and accurate.As far as your sewing machine is concerned, you state that the machine is more machine than you can handle. But, as you start your quilting journey, you may find that you will grow into this machine that you feel now is too much for you. Learn how to use the machine, read and use the manual that comes with the machine. If you bought it from a dealer, go and see if they have classes so that you can learn how to use your machine. Just my opinion. Another website you might enjoy is Phillips Fiber Art. Ms Phillips has an array of quilting rulers to make difficult patterns easy. Check it out. Welcome to the Quilting community.