Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Go! Fabric Cutter - Questions about Accu Quilt >

Go! Fabric Cutter - Questions about Accu Quilt

Go! Fabric Cutter - Questions about Accu Quilt

Old 12-27-2013, 10:59 AM

I like the Go it folds up nicely. I also have the studio which I love....but its not easy to store or to move it around, but worth it. I have made so many more quilts than if I did not have one. If you like to do quilts other than just squares its worth it. Circles, tumblers, hexes, drunkards path, rag quilts etc...I love mine.
Old 12-27-2013, 11:29 AM

I had to think long and hard before I bought mine, to justify the price, to see if I would really use it. I just love it! It is so quick and accurate, I didn't realize how INACCURATE my cuts were before! I keep mine on the floor near my cutting table and the dies in a rack nearby. All I have to do is pick it up and open it, put in the die and cut! Keep it handy and I'm betting you'll love it, too. Welcome to this board of friendly, knowledgable and (sometimes) whacky-fun quilters!
Old 12-27-2013, 11:33 AM

Default Go cutter

I have a lot of the dies, some for strips, applique, rag quilts, etc. I like them all. If you get too many layers of fabric it does make the handle harder to crank and cut through so be careful with that.

I have the Studio Cutter as I found the Go Cutter to hard to crank even with only two layers of fabric. I have M.S. so needed something a lot easier to crank. The Studio has a brilliant handle I can crank through ten layers at a time with just holding the handle with two fingers, so much easier to use.

Of course it is much dearer than the Go but once you have the machine you can use all of the Go dies as long as you have the adapter cutting mat.

If you can afford it and have the space to put it I would go for the Studion Cutter, it is often on sale I think I paid in the range of $350.00 but then I had to pay a lot for shipping to the UK but if you are in the US Shipping will be a lot cheaper.

Good luck

Jenny
Old 12-27-2013, 11:34 AM

Default Go cutter

I have the Studio Cutter as I found the Go Cutter to hard to crank even with only two layers of fabric. I have M.S. so needed something a lot easier to crank. The Studio has a brilliant handle I can crank through ten layers at a time with just holding the handle with two fingers, so much easier to use.

Of course it is much dearer than the Go but once you have the machine you can use all of the Go dies as long as you have the adapter cutting mat.

If you can afford it and have the space to put it I would go for the Studion Cutter, it is often on sale I think I paid in the range of $350.00 but then I had to pay a lot for shipping to the UK but if you are in the US Shipping will be a lot cheaper.

Good luck

Jenny
Old 12-27-2013, 03:12 PM

Hi quilter2090, Thank you for the wealth of informative inspiration. I will check out the sites you referenced and look forward to that stimuli. It was sweet to read the Quilt in a Day suggestion which prompted a sweet memory of the first Amish style quilt I made more than 20 years ago for a son then in college. Also, want you to know that I will acknowledge patience with my machine and who knows we may become good friends. You went into considerable detail being helpful. I am grateful and say, "Thank you!" Smiles, Snowrose (a resuming quilter)
Old 12-27-2013, 03:24 PM

Hi Jenny, I will take a look at the one since I have had two carpal tunnel surgeries and one trigger finger release surgery. The reason a cutter is appealing is to avoid considerable repetitve motion. I'm doing fine with my hands, but respect the fact that ease is a consideration. It is amazing how considerate folks have been encouraging me and I am truly grateful. Happy Quilting! Smiles, Snowrose
Old 12-27-2013, 03:28 PM

Hi QltrSue, I love the "whacky-fun quilters" comment. Having a sense of humor and a postitive attitude are important...so is chocolate! I visited a quilt store today and saw the cutter demonstrated. It was amazing! I can see already how much time would be saved and how much less impact would be on hands & wrists. Hooray! Thank you so much for posting and encouraging. Happy Quilting! Smiles, Snowrose
Old 12-27-2013, 03:32 PM

Hi carolaug, Yes, saw today at a demonstration how compact The Go can be when stored, and was amazed at the variety of dies. Have learned looking around online and through ads, that one can get the items on sale which is helpful. Let the collection begin....soon! Thank you for the positive attitude and info. Happy Quilting! Smiles, Snowrose
Old 12-27-2013, 03:39 PM

Hi Sharon, Love your quote from Eleanor Roosevelt. The more I read about the Go and ponder the options, the more engaged I feel. Can also see the advantage of using up some stash of fabric in a variety of ways. It feels like springtime blooming in my heart and I'm actually a fan of snow, but let the creativity bloom! Thank you for the inspiration. Smiles, Snowrose
Old 12-27-2013, 03:43 PM

Dear Buzzin Bumble, In addition to online research, can see a "field trip" to local fabric stores and a trip to JoAnn's to check out the sales is in order. Think I'll just run away tomorrow.....ah, could it be a kaleidoscope of colors, patterns, and fabrics are starting to dance in my head now that the sugarplums are seasonal history? I am so encouraged by the helpfulness and caring found at this site. Thank you one and all. Happy Quilting! Smiles, Snowrose