Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Go! Fabric Cutter - Questions about Accu Quilt >

Go! Fabric Cutter - Questions about Accu Quilt

Go! Fabric Cutter - Questions about Accu Quilt

Old 12-28-2013, 09:12 AM

I have a "GO" and I love it and use it with every quilt I make. You might want to reconsider about your sewing machine. At some point you are going to wish you had the embroidery unit.
Old 12-28-2013, 10:02 AM

Just chiming in, I have both the Go an Baby. All the square and rectangle dies, nearly all the strips and the tumbler block. I cant shape cut to save my life. so all of my quilts are cut on the machine. Hopefully I learn how to rotary cut when I take the beginner quilting class I signed up for /
Old 12-28-2013, 10:50 AM
Swap Hosts

Welcome to the Quilting Board, Snowrose! I bought a Go! as a birthday gift to myself a couple of years ago and I am so glad I did. My cuts are much more accurate now. Love it for hexes, tumbler blocks and making lots and lots of HSTs and squares. The dog ears are cut off so everything is so easy to match up. I love it for using up scraps -- and if you're careful about placement, there is little waste. I just cut up a ton of scraps to make a throw for my sofa and am happily snipping off the left over strips to make pillows.
Do shop around. I got the best price on SewforLess.com and I get dies when I have good coupons for Joann or when Accuquilt has a sale. Be sure to write reviews on the Accuquilt site when you buy something -- whether there or elsewhere. You'll earn points for every purchase and for each review and they can be used towards purchases in the future.
And since you're on the way to Joann -- get there quick! The Red Dot fabrics are 50% off this weekend!
Have fun!
Old 12-28-2013, 10:58 AM

I had the Go cutter. Didn't really like it so I sold it and bought the Big Shot Pro. I love it.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:16 AM

Welcome to the board! My friends have the Go and the Go Baby and they bring them to club meetings for anyone who wants, to use. They seem to be sturdy. I've cut things for applique, but not for piecing. I think I would try to rent one before I spent too much on it. froggyintexas
Old 12-28-2013, 11:51 AM

I actually had a Go and a GoBaby. I never used the GoBaby and only used the Go a couple of times, so I sold them and actually upgraded to the Studio (industrial version as someone called it). I love it, especially for cutting strips. I have also used the tumbler die. All the dies work on the Studio, using adapters, so I didn't sell all my Go dies. It also uses other companies's dies as well.
Old 12-28-2013, 01:43 PM

Snowrose, look at the link below. The set I told you about is on sale at Accuquilt.com.

http://www.accuquilt.com/catalog/pro.../category/597/

Cricket
Old 12-28-2013, 02:13 PM

Use mine mostly for making up charm packs with 5 inch die...otherwise it sits and gets dusty
Old 12-28-2013, 02:14 PM

A Go is on my wish list. I want it mainly to take care of my scraps, to cut many layers of usable squares. I would also like the 2 1/2 in strip cutter.
Old 12-28-2013, 02:40 PM

I have it on my wish list. I want to use it mainly for cutting up my scraps into usable squares and I also want the strip cutter, especially the 2 1/2 in size for cutting binding strips. Welcome to the board, its one of the best around!