Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 37

Thread: got my 9 degree and wrong book and pattern

  1. #1
    iamsogone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    90
    Blog Entries
    1
    I ordered from phillips fiber art got the wrong book got the right ruler they sent me the quilt with out corners encore which is a nice book but when it is not what you want i have emailed and now i cant get a reponse back so it all adds up to i have a ruler and a book of patterns i didnt want so i amgoing to have to wait till after christmas to make my sons wife her table runner i have even got on line to buy a download pattern for the spicy spiral and as luck would have it no luck i geuss there are worse things in life just needed to vent i know i would try my hardest if i had made a mistake to correct it . do people know what IOU means now days i will have to right her one lol ladies have a great day

  2. #2
    Super Member plainpat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Mid-West
    Posts
    3,800
    Blog Entries
    11
    Oh, sorry to hear that.I hate having to return things & double hate a company that doesn't respond.Maybe they were off for the holiday & will be back to work tomor? Hope it all works out for you.

  3. #3
    Super Member eparys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New England, USA
    Posts
    2,230
    Sorry to hear that this is not going well - have you tried calling them?

  4. #4
    Super Member Kitsapquilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Port Orchard WA
    Posts
    2,291
    Can you send an e-mail? Maybe they would respond to that.
    Good luck and hope you get your pattern soon.

  5. #5
    iamsogone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    90
    Blog Entries
    1
    im going to try monday but you know how it goes sometimes oh well i geuss my glass is half empty this week end instead of half full i will sew something else and get it to the half marker again trying to look on the sunny side

  6. #6
    iamsogone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    90
    Blog Entries
    1
    done sent them an email and no response sent it friday

  7. #7
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    1,289
    sorry you were disappointed. I ordered from them and one part of a book was missing..I emailed them and they responded immediately, sending me an email as well as as the corrected book. You may still get what you need in time. Don't give up.

  8. #8
    Power Poster amma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Out searching for some sunshine :-)
    Posts
    59,092
    Blog Entries
    1
    You may find a response from them in your in box Monday morning :D:D:D

  9. #9
    Super Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Merced, CA
    Posts
    4,230
    Blog Entries
    1
    I think companies need to be reminded that you have contact with quilters all over the world, AND in the United States, and if you feel cheated, then you are going to tell us details..name of company and what happened.

    This was from Phillips Fiber Art? And another person said she'd gotten the wrong shipment too. Sounds like they don't have people working in the shipping department who have their minds on their jobs.

    I'll remember that..Phillips Fiber Art.

  10. #10
    Senior Member AndiR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    S. Dakota
    Posts
    511
    Oh, how frustrating for you! But I would give them another day or two to respond to you.

    Keep in mind that a lot of quilting businesses are small companies with only one or two employees. They may be inundated with orders or emails, they may not work weekends, or your email may have ended up in their spam filter. Quilt business owners often travel around to vend at shows and teach classes, so they very well may have been out of town for a few days.

    If you don't hear back on Monday, then try again. Maybe a phone call so you know they received it. Hope the correct book is on it's way to you soon!

  11. #11
    Super Member Scissor Queen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwest Kansas
    Posts
    4,829
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
    I think companies need to be reminded that you have contact with quilters all over the world, AND in the United States, and if you feel cheated, then you are going to tell us details..name of company and what happened.

    This was from Phillips Fiber Art? And another person said she'd gotten the wrong shipment too. Sounds like they don't have people working in the shipping department who have their minds on their jobs.

    I'll remember that..Phillips Fiber Art.
    Cheryl Phillips is a wonderful person. Their "company" is her and her husband. I'll bet they take time off from work just like everybody else. I'll also bet they're human and make mistakes, just like everybody else.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Norene B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Custer, South Dakota
    Posts
    582
    They have always responded to my emails but they aren't open on weekends. They also have a phone number. It is 970-874-8680. I'm sure if you call them on Monday, they will help. I don't know when you received your item, but I know they will respond.

  13. #13
    Super Member Connie in CO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Canon City, Colorado
    Posts
    2,438
    Blog Entries
    2
    Know Delta is a small town on the western slope of CO,a few hours from me.

  14. #14
    Super Member Connie in CO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Canon City, Colorado
    Posts
    2,438
    Blog Entries
    2
    Looks like they were at some kind of quilt market or festival last week

  15. #15
    Senior Member Norene B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Custer, South Dakota
    Posts
    582
    I got my order right as I ordered the Quilts without Corners Encore and fabric to make the Eagle quilt in it.

  16. #16
    Google Goddess craftybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Central Indiana (USA)
    Posts
    30,668
    Blog Entries
    194
    I hope you get it all taken care of soon

    Quote Originally Posted by iamsogone
    I ordered from phillips fiber art got the wrong book got the right ruler they sent me the quilt with out corners encore which is a nice book but when it is not what you want i have emailed and now i cant get a reponse back so it all adds up to i have a ruler and a book of patterns i didnt want so i amgoing to have to wait till after christmas to make my sons wife her table runner i have even got on line to buy a download pattern for the spicy spiral and as luck would have it no luck i geuss there are worse things in life just needed to vent i know i would try my hardest if i had made a mistake to correct it . do people know what IOU means now days i will have to right her one lol ladies have a great day

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Brampton, Ontario
    Posts
    9
    I know if someone offered the spicy spiral pattern as an instant download there would be so many sold-I desperately want the pattern but I know I won't get it before Christmas and the shipping is so pricey to Ontario.I have a D-I-L that is very picky and I know I would chalk up some points with this spectacular project. Oh well.

  18. #18
    Super Member patchsamkim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Fox Valley Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,937
    Hope that you hear from them today and that it gets straightened out...they were probably busy with the weekend.

  19. #19
    Senior Member Aunt Bea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    488
    Did you check your junk/spam file for an email? That happens to me alot.

  20. #20
    Junior Member ambquilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    KY
    Posts
    242
    I've ordered from them before. When my ruler came in, it had gotten broken in the mail. When I called them, they were so nice. They sent it straight out with their apologies. They also sent me a free pattern for the trouble.

    Hope everything works out good.

    Angie

  21. #21
    Super Member quiltmom04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,877
    Quote Originally Posted by iamsogone
    I ordered from phillips fiber art got the wrong book got the right ruler they sent me the quilt with out corners encore which is a nice book but when it is not what you want i have emailed and now i cant get a reponse back so it all adds up to i have a ruler and a book of patterns i didnt want so i amgoing to have to wait till after christmas to make my sons wife her table runner i have even got on line to buy a download pattern for the spicy spiral and as luck would have it no luck i geuss there are worse things in life just needed to vent i know i would try my hardest if i had made a mistake to correct it . do people know what IOU means now days i will have to right her one lol ladies have a great day
    You're right- there are MANY other worse things than being sent the wrong quilt book. And worse things than having to give an IOU at Christmas. Be happy your family is still with to even get an IOU. But I'm sure you know that.

  22. #22

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    23
    Dear Christie,
    We are sorry you received the wrong book. The one you ordered is called Quilts Without Corners. The one you received is Quilts Without Corners Encore, a very similar title with a higher price. I think you can see how easily this mistake could happen. We will correct it today by sending you the right book and to apologize we will give you the book you received by mistake.
    We have two wonderful ladies who job share. They are terrific employees who do their best. Like anyone, they'll occasionally make a mistake, but it's an innocent one. Neither they nor us (my husband and I) worked on Friday, December 3 when your email arrived. Our business is very small. We're just real people not some big fancy operation. If you called our company number, you would have gotten a message saying our business hours are Monday thru Thursday. My husband, Gary, left a message on your phone this morning as soon as he read your message.
    By the way you ordered a TEN degree wedge from us. Also the Spicy Spiral Pattern is a copyrighted pattern by Patty Loutrell and should NEVER be a free download by any site.
    The free download pattern we offer this month is for a candle mat.
    In this high tech world, it's amazing how someone can immediately jump on a message board to tell everyone their complaints.
    To anyone else reading this, please know we do care about our customers.
    Cheryl Phillips

  23. #23
    Dianne1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Clanton,Alabama
    Posts
    942
    I RECENTLY PURCHASE FROM PHILLIPS ART FIBERS AND HAVE FOUND THEM TO BE MORE THEN HELPFUL. I WANTED THE BOOK ENCORE QUILTS WITHOUT CORNERS WHICH WAS ON SALE SAT. ONLY. WELL, I COULD NOT PAY BY AMEX. THEY ONLY TAKE VISA AND WAS NOT ABLE TO COMPLETE THE TRANSACTION UNTIL THE FOLLOWING TUES. THEY HONORED MY SELECTION ON SAT AND GAVE ME THE BOOK AT SALE PRICE. THAT SAVED ME $10.00. LOVE THAT COMPANY

  24. #24
    Dianne1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Clanton,Alabama
    Posts
    942
    I RECENTLY PURCHASE FROM PHILLIPS ART FIBERS AND HAVE FOUND THEM TO BE MORE THEN HELPFUL. I WANTED THE BOOK ENCORE QUILTS WITHOUT CORNERS WHICH WAS ON SALE SAT. ONLY. WELL, I COULD NOT PAY BY AMEX. THEY ONLY TAKE VISA AND WAS NOT ABLE TO COMPLETE THE TRANSACTION UNTIL THE FOLLOWING TUES. THEY HONORED MY SELECTION ON SAT AND GAVE ME THE BOOK AT SALE PRICE. THAT SAVED ME $10.00. LOVE THAT COMPANY

  25. #25
    Super Member bjnicholson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Cleveland OH
    Posts
    3,236
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipsfiberart
    Dear Christie,
    We are sorry you received the wrong book. The one you ordered is called Quilts Without Corners. The one you received is Quilts Without Corners Encore, a very similar title with a higher price. I think you can see how easily this mistake could happen. We will correct it today by sending you the right book and to apologize we will give you the book you received by mistake.
    We have two wonderful ladies who job share. They are terrific employees who do their best. Like anyone, they'll occasionally make a mistake, but it's an innocent one. Neither they nor us (my husband and I) worked on Friday, December 3 when your email arrived. Our business is very small. We're just real people not some big fancy operation. If you called our company number, you would have gotten a message saying our business hours are Monday thru Thursday. My husband, Gary, left a message on your phone this morning as soon as he read your message.
    By the way you ordered a TEN degree wedge from us. Also the Spicy Spiral Pattern is a copyrighted pattern by Patty Loutrell and should NEVER be a free download by any site.
    The free download pattern we offer this month is for a candle mat.
    In this high tech world, it's amazing how someone can immediately jump on a message board to tell everyone their complaints.
    To anyone else reading this, please know we do care about our customers.
    Cheryl Phillips
    Maybe you could put an "out of office" message on your email to say when you will be available. That would be a big help. I'm going to your web site right now to see what'cha got goin' :!:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.