Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Guilty

No....not at all....LOL
    There is no place like home!

Awww.... to quilt or not to quilt with guilt? No guilt here. If I have chores to do they get done first. A little discipline goes a long way to squash that feeling of guilt. If I have yard work it gets taken care of in increments of time but no more than an hour a day. Same thing with the house. Alittle more time with the cooking. I grew up on a farm and old habits have stuck with me regarding productivity. I am busy and get a lot accomplished but my day is planned, even down time. I take care of my MIL that is 90 years old and has dementia(spell check is needed here). My own mother gets one day a week and it has been a great thing to do for myself as well as for my mom. My dad passed away a year ago. Mom will be 86 in July. I have a large combined family. Together my husband and I have 7 living children and one deceased. With their spouses that totals 14 adults that are now in their 30's and 40's. 19 grandchildren from 2 months to 22 years of age. We have a revolving door. I have always worked, mostly as a case worker. I am now retired but take that retired with a smile. I also watch my newest grandson 2 days a week and a 1st grade granddaughter before and after school. There are many coordinated efforts made to make this all work but it does. I couldn't do it without help and without being organized. I quilt between stuff and after stuff and sometimes an entire day, but quilt I do and I love it. NO GUILT RAIN OR SHINE.
    SEW MUCH FUN!

Power Poster
    Not really as I will go outside for a while but unfortunately where we live there are so many mosquitoes that you really can't stay out that long even if you want to.

Nope, its already in the 80's and 90's here when its not storming and tornado's are flying through. I am happy to stay close to home. I hand quilt so I go out on my porch and quilt while the kids play in the yard when it's not too hot and the weather cooperates.

ya that would be a big NO for me to. It is 6:30 AM and in the 70's by the time to sun come out it would be in the hight 80's and mugie out you really do not wont to lay out in that . This is really the only time I like to be out there. Any way it not good for you.

Blog Entries
    No I'm like dd I do not like being outside I do not like bugs, mosquitos hot sun or the wind I can look out my window while sewing and close enough for me

I do, until the heat of summer hits then all guilt is done. I agree with the post above that I love rainy days because then I am not telling myself that I should be outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Nammie to 7 View Post
    I'm outside enough so I don't feel guilty. I have more of a tendency to get upset when I can't sew!
    Same situation here! Rainy days are my friend when it comes to sewing. LOL
    “Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.” ~Scott Adams

Piecefully,
    Lisa

Guilt is too damaging an emotion unless you have deliberately done something hurtful to a person. Enjoy a little time in the garden, but do what makes you happy! I walk in the morning, garden late in the day when it's cooled off, and quilt in between whenever I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda Lee View Post
    Awww.... to quilt or not to quilt with guilt? No guilt here. If I have chores to do they get done first. A little discipline goes a long way to squash that feeling of guilt. If I have yard work it gets taken care of in increments of time but no more than an hour a day. Same thing with the house. Alittle more time with the cooking. I grew up on a farm and old habits have stuck with me regarding productivity. I am busy and get a lot accomplished but my day is planned, even down time. I take care of my MIL that is 90 years old and has dementia(spell check is needed here). My own mother gets one day a week and it has been a great thing to do for myself as well as for my mom. My dad passed away a year ago. Mom will be 86 in July. I have a large combined family. Together my husband and I have 7 living children and one deceased. With their spouses that totals 14 adults that are now in their 30's and 40's. 19 grandchildren from 2 months to 22 years of age. We have a revolving door. I have always worked, mostly as a case worker. I am now retired but take that retired with a smile. I also watch my newest grandson 2 days a week and a 1st grade granddaughter before and after school. There are many coordinated efforts made to make this all work but it does. I couldn't do it without help and without being organized. I quilt between stuff and after stuff and sometimes an entire day, but quilt I do and I love it. NO GUILT RAIN OR SHINE.
    WOW!I will never complain about being busy again..I actually lived like that until I had to quit working due to a disability..Guess the saying is true~~ If you want something done give it to a busy person! Here's hoping you can find more time for yourself

No reason for guuilt when I can pack it all up and put it on the deck. Sewed out there all day yesterday and enjoyed every minute of it

Nope, but sometimes I take my machine outside and sew, best of both worlds

I'm an "air condition" girl in the summer and a "heat" girl in winter. Love to stay inside away from the flies, bugs, and humidity. Sometimes I don't even answer the door because I'm having an affair with my fabrics and machines. Not interested in laying in the sun. My husband built houses all his life and now is having a lot of issues with skin cancer where he worked in the sun putting up wall and nailing down roofing.
    sandysews

A merry heart doth good like a medicine.

Wisdom is too high for a fool.

No guilt here, my allergies are so bad this spring if I go out I almost need to wear a mask. So quilting it is.

Blog Entries
    Nope that doesn't bother me. On occasion I will start to feel guilty about the house being a mess or dinner not cooked but I can usually squash that feeling.

Sun? do you live where there is sun? Sitting here watching the rain and hail come pouring out of the sky this afternoon.
    http://www.oregonquilting.net
    I choose to give my life away for things that last forever

I don't feel guilty at all. Love walks outside in the early morning with my pup Olivia but don't like to sweat either in the hot sun doing yard work or gardening. Different strokes for different folks!! Lol
    Never met a scrap of fabric or vintage sewing machine I didn't like!
    Many a lost and lonely vintage machine has found a home with me, 26 and------ uh oh lost count, who is counting anyway!

Susan

Not guilty, torn. I love my garden as much as I loves my quilts sooooo . . . I am really torn between the two on a beautify day. 90 degrees outside? Not a problem. . . but those beautiful ones get me.

In my part of the country (near Houston) we get sunny days most of the time. We get beautiful weather, clear, dry temp in low 70's for very few days of the year. When it is beautiful, you better enjoy it! Another chance might be months away! This year we have had a beautiful spring, temps. lower than ever before, so there has been a whole lot of enjoying going on. I've even enjoyed my step grandson's lacrosse games and my step granddaughter's fast pitch soft ball. I just don't do hot weather well, so it has been wonderful seeing family and enjoying some truly great games.
    Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you too can become great. Mark Twain

got past the guilty, I quilt for my pleasure. I don't currently sew at home, I only press and cut. I quilt with my friends and family, therefore most of my unfinished projects are in my car all the time, keeps me focused on what I have that is unfinished and the sewing machine is always packed and ready to go. I enjoy cutting- and I cut for my friends and family too. Gives me something to do when hubby is busy- I really enjoy the quilting part with others more than being alone.

Quote Originally Posted by salemrabbits View Post
    got past the guilty, I quilt for my pleasure. I don't currently sew at home, I only press and cut. I quilt with my friends and family, therefore most of my unfinished projects are in my car all the time, keeps me focused on what I have that is unfinished and the sewing machine is always packed and ready to go. I enjoy cutting- and I cut for my friends and family too. Gives me something to do when hubby is busy- I really enjoy the quilting part with others more than being alone.
    That sounds like fun.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dd View Post
    Nope! I don't like being hot in the sun. don't like being sunburned. don't like bugs. don't like to sweat. don't like wind blowing my project around. don't like gardening.
    I do like to sew in the comfort of my home with screens and sunshades and air conditioning and TV and all the other comforts.
    I do hang my laundry out though.
    My sentiments EXACTLY! LOL
    TwandasMom

What do you do exercise then??

Quote Originally Posted by misseva View Post
    My sentiments EXACTLY! LOL

SSK
    Sounds just like me.

Quote Originally Posted by cminor View Post
    Do you ever feel guilty for sewing when it is so nice outside? Like you should be out there soaking up the sun that is not filtered by the screen on the window?
    I do run out to check the garden and the dogs and drive the GD around in the golf cart blowing bubbles all the while.
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast