Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Had Lost Enthusiasm for Project Almost completed - needed and received encouragement - Update on Page 4 >
  • Had Lost Enthusiasm for Project Almost completed - needed and received encouragement - Update on Page 4

• Had Lost Enthusiasm for Project Almost completed - needed and received encouragement - Update on Page 4

Old 08-20-2011, 09:21 AM

I think you should finish it, put on the label "made in memory of your vow renewal at the beach" or something along those lines. I am sure she will cherrish it. I love the colors you are using and think they would go well with her bedroom colors.
    Good luck... show us the finished quilt please :lol:
    Old 08-20-2011, 09:24 AM

Rebecca, it's a kick in the butt I am a-needin! LOL

Thanks for the encouragement! You are right, she is such a sweetheart (really! Like one of my own kids!) She was just so excited about a beach tote I made her last year, that I know that she will appreciate this one too, just needed some encouragement.

Oh, I can show you the pics when it was about 2/3 of the way pieced, before the borders. Will post the finished top, probably tomorrow. Thanks for the interest. (Colors are richer than they appear in pic...camera seems to wash things out. Pardon my messy room...everything has been taking a back seat since I have been working on this :oops: )

View one
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]244288[/ATTACH]

View 2
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]244289[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-244282.jpe   attachment-244283.jpe  
    Old 08-20-2011, 09:36 AM

Nursie, that's beautiful!

Stop and consider that she and her hubby have years ahead of them, and their bedroom colors will not always be as they are now! :)

And....if by some offchance she doesn't like it, you can always send it to me!! :lol:
    Old 08-20-2011, 09:40 AM

Mess??? I see no mess, only a beautiful quilt!!
    Old 08-20-2011, 09:44 AM
    Power Poster

I just kicked you BUT took my sandals off honey!!!
    She's going to love it :D
    Old 08-20-2011, 09:50 AM

Awhhh! You folks are sooo darn sweet! You have given me renewed enthusiasm. Your words of encouragement and praise have warmed my heart, and really touched me! Thank you so much!

Oh, and Susieallaboutquilts...I do appreciate you taking your sandals off! LOL

Well, got the final border cut out, off to sew!
    Old 08-20-2011, 09:52 AM
    Power Poster

Hmmmm I have something similar going on. My oldest DD got married. Since their engagement was short, 6 weeks, I did not finnish the quilt. So now my incentive is totally gone. Never mind that we did the whole wedding including me cooking a warm meal for over 100 people. So now I have this thing laying around. What I am doing is giving myself small incentives. I work on something else I enjoy when I get X amount of work done on the wedding quilt. I am slowely trudging through it. I do not like quilting that way. I also let DD have a good amount of input so that took away some of the aspects of the joy of quilting for me as part of why I like quilting is the choices of fabric and layout. I just hope she will really like it. Then I will be happy again.

I saw the quilt you made and read the story about the ocean and waves. Please share the story with her. The quilt will always remind her of her weddign on the beach. Very special. I am sure she'll like it. I do!!!!!!
    Old 08-20-2011, 09:52 AM

Beautiful quilt. Just finish it....gift it....and then make one for yourself!!
    Old 08-20-2011, 09:55 AM

Yes, by all means, go ahead and finish the quilt -- it is beautiful. And if for some reason it doesn't work in her master bedroom, perhaps it would look good in a quest room. She sounds like the type of person who would appreciate the quilt regardless.
    Old 08-20-2011, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
    Hmmmm I have something similar going on. My oldest DD got married. Since their engagement was short, 6 weeks, I did not finnish the quilt. So now my incentive is totally gone. Never mind that we did the whole wedding including me cooking a warm meal for over 100 people. So now I have this thing laying around. What I am doing is giving myself small incentives. I work on something else I enjoy when I get X amount of work done on the wedding quilt. I am slowely trudging through it. I do not like quilting that way. I also let DD have a good amount of input so that took away some of the aspects of the joy of quilting for me as part of why I like quilting is the choices of fabric and layout. I just hope she will really like it. Then I will be happy again.
    I can understand how having all the wedding planning and hosting could take the shine off the quilt itsself. And, I think that planning a quilt for someone as a surprise, with all the anticipation does spur one on, so having your DD knowing about it and taking over some of the part of planning a quilt that you enjoy, does dampen the enthusiasm. BUT, if she helped pick out the colors, you know that she will like it, and she will know you made it with love. So, keep going...maybe plan it for their first Christmas together.. Good luck, would love to see pics!