Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Had Lost Enthusiasm for Project Almost completed - needed and received encouragement - Update on Page 4 >

Had Lost Enthusiasm for Project Almost completed - needed and received encouragement - Update on Page 4

Had Lost Enthusiasm for Project Almost completed - needed and received encouragement - Update on Page 4

Old 08-20-2011, 12:53 PM

Oh, my goodness, your quilt is beautiful! Anyone that doesn't want that quilt is the one who needs a swift kick. Just finish it, she will love it.
Old 08-20-2011, 01:36 PM

Those colors all complement each other. It will look beautiful in her room
Old 08-20-2011, 01:52 PM

Awhhh you guys make me blush! Thanks for the kind words. This is the largest quilt I have made yet. I tend to get bored when I work on anything too long, but having a deadline for this one has kept me plugging away. It is turning out rather pretty, I think. I did a couple fabric revisions before starting it and then switched out the border fabric, and I am glad I did. Have the side borders on, hopefully will get it squared up and measured for the top and bottom border tonight after DH gets home. Who knows, I may get the top finished tonight, thanks to all the encouragement from you all!
Old 08-20-2011, 01:58 PM

The quilt is beautiful. You have to finish it, you've come too far to stop, now! She will love it! She just didn't know anyone would take the time to piece a quilt for her. She will be blown away by your love, time, and creativity, not to mention your sewing skills & talents!!!!
Old 08-20-2011, 02:01 PM

You could always give her the option of choosing between the two quilts.
The pictures you posted are fabulous.
Old 08-20-2011, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by CoriAmD
I think you should finish it, put on the label "made in memory of your vow renewal at the beach" or something along those lines. I am sure she will cherrish it. I love the colors you are using and think they would go well with her bedroom colors.
Good luck... show us the finished quilt please :lol:
This is absolutely my feeling too. She is young now and will appreciate a well made formal quilt, she doesn't know it yet. She will be an adult for much longer than she is a young 20-30 something. I would add the card to it too suggesting that you hope the colors of the quilt will hold the special memories of the day on the beach. She will love this quilt...now back to work!!
Old 08-20-2011, 03:32 PM

I like the idea of the card in addition to the label to let her know the symbolism of the colors that I chose.
Old 08-20-2011, 03:46 PM

This is beautiful. She sounds as if she will be gracious and appreciate anything you do for her. You can always do something else later.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:01 PM

I bet she will love it no matter the color. What about making a rag quilt throw for them to snuggle under?
Old 08-20-2011, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Nanamoms
I bet she will love it no matter the color. What about making a rag quilt throw for them to snuggle under?
I might do that for a surprise "just because" gift for later.