Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Had Lost Enthusiasm for Project Almost completed - needed and received encouragement - Update on Page 4 >

Had Lost Enthusiasm for Project Almost completed - needed and received encouragement - Update on Page 4

Had Lost Enthusiasm for Project Almost completed - needed and received encouragement - Update on Page 4

Old 08-20-2011, 04:26 PM

Totally understand how you're feeling because it's exactly how I would feel in that same situation. You seem to know this girl well though so I imagine your quilt will be dearly loved by her. You thought the colors and pattern out well so I can't imagine she'd be anything but super pleased with it.

You better hurry and get it done though! September 10th is just a few weeks away!
Old 08-20-2011, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Rachelcb80
You better hurry and get it done though! September 10th is just a few weeks away!
Boy! Don't I know it!! :-) The top will be done tomorrow. Then, I need to do a practice piece on my Bernina and frame, have done quilts on a Juki and frame, but this will be my first attempt with the new set up. I have done some FMQ on the machine on a table, so I figure I will work on a practice piece this week after work each evening and by the weekend will be ready to put this one on and finish it. So I have next weekend and the weekend after, should just about make it!!!! (Fingers AND toes crossed!..opps! Can't quilt sew that way! :lol: )
Old 08-20-2011, 04:39 PM

That is a beautiful quilt. I love it and so will she.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by mcdaniel023
That is a beautiful quilt. I love it and so will she.
Thanks!
Old 08-20-2011, 04:46 PM

They'll paint a room just to make that pretty quilt happy.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:49 PM
RDM

It sounds like a beautiful quilt you are making her, I say go with it and she'll surely treasure it. Your colors sound lovely and IMO you can't go wrong with batiks. She offered up praise on the quilt she saw, but I'll bet if she saw this one she'd praise it just as highly too.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Greenheron
They'll paint a room just to make that pretty quilt happy.
:)
Old 08-20-2011, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by nursie76
Boy! Don't I know it!! :-) The top will be done tomorrow. Then, I need to do a practice piece on my Bernina and frame, have done quilts on a Juki and frame, but this will be my first attempt with the new set up. I have done some FMQ on the machine on a table, so I figure I will work on a practice piece this week after work each evening and by the weekend will be ready to put this one on and finish it. So I have next weekend and the weekend after, should just about make it!!!! (Fingers AND toes crossed!..opps! Can't quilt sew that way! :lol: )
Will be interested to see how your quilting on the frame goes. I've never even touched a machine on a frame so I have no idea what it's like. The long arms at expos are so tempting but I don't need to know how nice they are only to want something I can't have. :P
Old 08-20-2011, 04:57 PM

In working on your own peace, the decision is made. You chose these colors, made this fantastically gorgeous quilt. You would just put yourself under a time rush if you decided to make something else. Don't worry! She will love this quilt. It is full of your love and your good thoughts of her and her husband. I'll bet you'll be surprised at how much she loves it. Be at peace and finish this quilt. All will be fine.
Old 08-20-2011, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Rachelcb80
Will be interested to see how your quilting on the frame goes. I've never even touched a machine on a frame so I have no idea what it's like. The long arms at expos are so tempting but I don't need to know how nice they are only to want something I can't have. :P
I really enjoyed doing simple meandering on the Juki and frame while I had it, but the 9" of space was just a little limiting. So, when DH got me the 830LE, he worked a trade in with my Juki/frame and 730 and got a great deal so we went for it! I can hardly wait to try it out. I tried the 830 on a frame this year and last at a quilt show, and it really moved nicely. Would I like to have a longarm....yes, but I don't do enough quilts each year and it would be sitting idle for long periods, so instead, I have a machine that can do it all....just not quite as large as a longarm, but at least it gets used all the time and isn't sitting collecting dust (well, actually, the cover does over night! We live on a dirt road.)

BTW, I just finished the quilt top!!! Yahoo! If it wasn't for all the encouragement from all of you, I am not sure whether I would have gotten my sense of purpose back, and it might be languishing in a corner somewhere. A million thanks!!!
It is so large, that I have no where to spread it out to properly display it, so I will put it on the clothesline after church tomorrow and take pics.