Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Has any one purchased Jo Ann cutting table?

Quote Originally Posted by susanwilley
    I just ordered the Sullivan cutting table on line from Joanns. It is alot like the one you are asking about only a few inches taller, I wanted as high a table I could get for cutting. It breaks my back leaning over to cut. I can't wait to get it!
    I am tall and so a higher table sounds wonderful. I am on the Joanns website but they don't seem to have a Sullivan cutting table listed online. Do you have another name for it. I also looked under cutting table and they have all kinds of things listed, none of which resembles a cutting table.

I have had one for many years and really like it. You can open the whole table or put up one side without the other. It is wonderful for cutting and ironing if you have an ironing pad. Really doesn't take up much room and is therefore a help in our crowded households. All the best.

Sunny Southern California, actually Riverside
    Blog Entries
    My husband got it for me a few years ago and I have used it a lot. Yes it can b used half at a time and there is a bin made to hold basic tools and scraps and such.

Yes, I got one last year when I bought my quilting sewing machine and I love it! You can fold it up and it doesn't take up much room at all, then expand it out when you need the cutting space.

I bought one several years ago - love it. Sides fold down so it doesn't take up much room when you are not using it - also sturdy with just one side up. Have also used it when quilting to help slide fabric. One of my better purchases.

I have the table also and love, love, love it. I have used it with just one side up with no problems. I have one cutting mat that I use when it is only half up and the big one when it is fully up. Just a hint, the large mat comes rolled up so it has a bad curve in it for awhile. I laid it upside down under a bed to get it straightened out. I also used a couple of those really large binder clips to hold the mat to the table. When it's not up for cuttings, I have a table cover over it and use it as a sofa table. One of best purchased I ever made.

I have one but not this style. Mine only has 1 leg to support the leaves of the table. I have had mine for about 3 years and have had to put metal brackets on all the leg corners and the top has come loose from the frame. I am waiting for my brother to build me one. I need one I can move around a lot and let up and down without it becoming the leaning tower of sewing room.

I have it and I love it. I use it for everything from cutting fabric to wrapping gifts. It can even be an extra table if you have stools. Folds down great, too.

I have this table and it's great. But....if your under 5'4" you might want to leave the caster off so it lowers the table a little. If possible, try actually cutting on it at the store.

I've had mine for several years & love it. I used a sharpie marker & measured out 1" lines along one side to use for measuring - works great.

Quote Originally Posted by traders of the lost art
    I just ordered the Sullivan cutting table on line from Joanns. It is alot like the one you are asking about only a few inches taller, I wanted as high a table I could get for cutting. It breaks my back leaning over to cut. I can't wait to get it!
    I am tall and so a higher table sounds wonderful. I am on the Joanns website but they don't seem to have a Sullivan cutting table listed online. Do you have another name for it. I also looked under cutting table and they have all kinds of things listed, none of which resembles a cutting table.
    I looked on JoAnn's site for it too. And couldn't find that one.

Wow! Thanks for all the feedback. I am 5'8" so it should work well for me. Yeah. My back will be so much happier!!

Now I hope I don't miss it when it finally goes on sale. That would be bad!

Thanks again. I enjoyed reading all the comments and suggestions.
    Carol

Yes I purchased one about a year ago. Not as sturdy as
    I had hoped it would be. Hubby put some extra braces
    on it so I do not have as much trouble as it did. Also the
    side table hinge came out of the wood right away.

community benefactor
    I have one of those tables from Jo-Ann Fabrics too. I truly have used me extensively and yes, you can use half of it at a time. You see, the supports for each half of the table swing out from below the center of the table and can be positioned anywhere under that side of the table and the other side works identically. However, that said, if the swing support underneath the table half is not positioned right, it will not provide enough stable support for that half of the table. Nothing wrong with that, but you need to know that before using the table.

Go for it. Don't forget your coupon! Roz

community benefactor
    You know, several have mentioned that they've had this or that problem with their table coming apart or needing extra stabilization. I've had my table for probably 10 years now and I have never experienced any such problems and mine has been through 2 moves in the past 4 years. I can't enough good things about this table. In fact, I've thought about this and if something happened to my table, I would go right back to Jo-ann Fabrics and buy another one. I did catch mine when it was on sale too. Got it for just about half the regular price.

Quote Originally Posted by CarolLady
    Quote Originally Posted by traders of the lost art

I looked on JoAnn's site for it too. And couldn't find that one.
    See if this link will take you there.
    http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/p...RODID=prd49750

Blog Entries
    I loved the one I had worked great it was hard to sell when we moved into a MTH to fulltime had to clean out my craft room :(

Banned
    I've had this table for a few years now and just love it. It's portable and folds up to a very small size. When open, it gives you lots of table space for cutting and sandwiching your quilts. I got mine with a 50% off coupon and got a great deal. I'd recommend it! :D

a regular here
    Blog Entries
    Yes I bought one for my DDIL and she loves it.

Blog Entries
    I have one also. The height makes a big difference in comparison to cutting on my dining room table which caused back aches, etc. I think it was worth the purchase. Of course, I use Joann coupons on anything of this price.

Again, I will make the price comparison (must be in my DNA) - I have recently bought one of these for the princely sum of $299 as nothing is cheap over here. It has saved lots of back aches, but I could have it a few inches higher still.I think one with adjustable leg height would be ideal for some of us taller "girls" as we are not all 5'2" any more.
    I was inspired to get it as I christened my friend's more expensive one ($799) during the Christmas break and noticed the difference to my back.

I bought this same table and also got it for $69. plus there was free shipping at the time. It does take some time to assemble it. I especially like it because it folds up to a small space when not in use. I use a cutting mat on top since it does not have measurement markings.

Blog Entries
    I've had mine for 6 years and really like it... easy to move around, my only problem is I am short and it's a bit to high for me but I manage...

I love mine; I wore my first one out after 8 years, and just purchased a new one. I couldn't live without it. The perfect height for cutting. You will not regret purchasing one!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast