Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Has any one purchased Jo Ann cutting table?

Good Evening,
    Didn't purchase it but I received it as a gift and I loved it. Yes you can use only half at a time

Pam

Blog Entries
    i got one like it at hancocks with 5 drawers on sale . i love it also. it was about $70. ON SALE.
    PHYLLIS NM

Blog Entries
    I have two, and and have them end-to-end, so I can use both almost every day. The second table gives me adequate room to baste even the largest quilt, if I am going to tie it or handquilt it. In the winter time, it is a handy height for me to wrap Christmas gifts. I have an extra large cutting mat on one of them, which makes it easy for me to cut long strips for borders, etc. And believe me, you're getting it at an excellent price. I got mine when they first came out, and paid about $129 for them, and I still think they are worth every penny.
    nanac

I have had this table since 2002.I use it as a cutting table,pressing,design table.I can' work without it!!You can fold down one leaf and use it as a smaller table.I do both at times.depends on my project.
    The biggest problem I have with it,is my cats think its their bed!!!

I used a 50% off coupon when I purchased mine, didn't wait for sale. I think it was actually cheaper that way. Love it. :-D

what a great price! I didnt get a joann flyer.

Yes, I love mine. I've had it for about 8 years. I also purchased the cutting mat for the top.

I never drop the sides. have too much UFO's sitting around the edges. LOL

I bought mine 3 yrs. Ago. I used it in the middle of the room without any support. It got shaky and then started leaning so bad I was afraid it would collapse (it does appear that the legs have been modified to ad some stablity). My hubby tried adding metal braces which only worked for a short time. I replaced it with two folding tables that can be set up at a nice height. I bought the tables at BJ's warehouse for around $25.00 each. I have a long one under a sunny window for my sewing machine (sometimes more than one), my ironing pad and iron and my Ott light. Also have a little flat screen TV mounted on the wall to the side.

Blog Entries
    Yes!!! I have 2 and love them both!!! Very handy.

I have that one and a Sullivan and Sullivan is more stable.

I have the cutting table and love it. No more back pain cutting a quilt out. I also have the cutting mat that covers the whole table, so you always have a spot to cut on. I also bought the ironing mat, that fits the whole table at Joann's when the wall was at 50% off. All purchessed at Joann's on sale.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jitkaau
    Again, I will make the price comparison (must be in my DNA) - I have recently bought one of these for the princely sum of $299 as nothing is cheap over here. It has saved lots of back aches, but I could have it a few inches higher still.I think one with adjustable leg height would be ideal for some of us taller "girls" as we are not all 5'2" any more.
    I was inspired to get it as I christened my friend's more expensive one ($799) during the Christmas break and noticed the difference to my back.
    My LQS has put concrete blocks under a couple of their tables for the taller girls - I envy you - bet you don't have a step stool to reach the 2nd shelf in your kitchen cabinets LOL

I have only read through about half these posts, and maybe I got the only lemon, but I don't really like it. I have to keep tightening the screws, which aren't exactly screws and I have get a certain tool from my hubby to do it. It is almost always too wiggly and I would prefer something more srurdy.

Ok, convinced me. Can you let us know when it goes on sale? Thanks!

I have one of these. For the most part, I like it. Since it had wheels, it is easy to move around. I actually keep both leaves folded when I am not working on a project. It then can be placed up against a wall and sticks out as much as a shelf. When I am cutting, I open one leaf. You just have to pick up the side of the table and pull the support bar into place. When I am planning to baste a quilt, I pull the table from the wall and unfold the second leaf. Then it is big enough to on all but the biggest quilts. I even use it to press large pieces of fabric. I put a bath towel on the surface. It has never warped.
    It has gotten a little wobbly but I have had it for a good number of year.

I love mine. That's about what I paid for mine on sale.

I hated it and got mad and put it in the alley. it just did not work for me

I have it too, but I find it shaky, so I put bungee cords around the legs - that helped a lot. The only other thing is because the center is not wider, I believe this is the reason for the shakiness. Bur for the price I not unhappy.

did not like mine. I resold it on Craig's list :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    I have two of their tables, at different homes. Love them, and yes, you can use just half of the table at a time.

Do stores normally carry this? We are getting a Jo Anns due to open next month or so. I wonder if it would be on sale for a grand opening or coupon.

bought this years ago my DH made me 6 boxes on wheels the size and height I needed....love it!! check out my sewing room

Quote Originally Posted by Treasureit
    I have only read through about half these posts, and maybe I got the only lemon, but I don't really like it. I have to keep tightening the screws, which aren't exactly screws and I have get a certain tool from my hubby to do it. It is almost always too wiggly and I would prefer something more srurdy.
    No mine did the same thing. Maybe the change in design helped since the new one had 2 legs instead of just the one. I am still using mine and I love having a cutting table. But mine got moved A LOT since my room wasn't very big. If I had it unfolded with things on it I had to move it to get from my bed to my sewing room or to my drawers to get things. Maybe if I had been able to leave it in one place it would have been better

Blog Entries
    I got one years ago on sale and I use it all the time. Well worth the sale price.

Blog Entries
    That seems to be a GREAT price!! Hancocks runs them on sale occasionally but never at that price! If I had extra room, I would get one...but, no JoAnn's near me and shipping would be awful!!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast