Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Has anyone had a problem with Brother embroidery machines?

I have the 780D and I've noticed it doesn't like certain COLORS of certain brands. I've found two: Like sulky black. or a goldish yellow shade of Madera that is one of my school colors.

If I use the other brand of those two colors, she's fine. Unless I've used the wrong stablilizer. But I can't be mad at her because I don't know what I'm doing...

I've also found a few times as I thread a new color that a "clump" of the last thread color will come out, like it was fraying and about to break. Sounds like the start of your problem, but not quite there yet.

I have a Brother LB-6770 embroidery machine and I love it, have had no problems with it. My wife has a Brother 6000D embroidery machine (the huge one) and she loves it, too, great machine. For piecing, I use a Brother QC-1000 machine, which is wonderful. I can't say enough good things about Brother machines, love them. :)

Blog Entries
    hi i use madeira rayon thread. was told not to use coats and clark. ikno that your project can be to lose but some of mine i thought were to tight because of the strain on the project u r embroidering some of mywork was puckering

I have a Brother Innov-is 1500D. I've had it for about 5 years and I have never had any problems with it. I love this machine.

I have 3 Brother machines. They all do different types of sewing and I love them all!! I have a ULT2003D and use the embroidery a lot and have never had a problem. I use Madiera thread. Be sure you are using the right needle also. Make sure it is for embroidery and the right size.

The only time i had trouble with threads breaking with my embroidery Brother was when I changed my stabilizer. I always use a cheap one I get by the roll, no brand name, with no problem. When I switched to Steady Stuff by Ricky Tims, the thread broke every 2 seconds. Back to the cheap one, no broken thread. Just something else to look for.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2