Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have you ever been to an unfriendly quilt shop? >

Have you ever been to an unfriendly quilt shop?

Have you ever been to an unfriendly quilt shop?

Old 01-22-2011, 04:05 PM

When in VA, I decided to visit the Jinny Beyer Quilt Store. When I got there, the store was closed (for some reason it closed early that day). As I started to go back to my car, a head popped out the front door and it was Jinny Beyer herself. She said the store was closed but to come on in anyway. I went in and she showed me simple patterns,talked to me about color, demonstrated how to cut the pieces for one of the patterns and then even gave me a free pattern. We talked and she helped me for about an hour. I was so impressed. She was kind, helpful and a very gracious lady. It was one of my favorite quilt shop experiences. I apologized for coming while it was closed and she said she was glad to have the company.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:14 PM

Wow Sandra what a great experience. It doesn't surprise me, that's how she sounds in her news letters and on her website. I look forward to the newsletters. I love her sense of color, patterns and her fabric! Lucky you!
Old 01-22-2011, 07:09 PM

What a nice story about a nice lady! I will have to look into Jinny's products! Wish Quilt Shop of DeLand FL special owner, Judy Hensen and Jinny could meet!
Old 01-23-2011, 08:27 AM

How nice! I will remember this as I shop her fabric!!
Old 01-23-2011, 05:17 PM

its a fine line between having a sales person and someone with love and knowledge of quiliting. unfortunately, they don't always come in the same package.
i've been to shops that didn't seem to care what i was doing and didn't offer any help. then on another day to the same place, same staff and they are all smiles and easy to get help from. so i figure some days its me, some days its them.