Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
HELP! got E1 Error on my horizon >

HELP! got E1 Error on my horizon

HELP! got E1 Error on my horizon

Old 02-07-2013, 03:25 PM

does anybody know where that fuse is??
Old 02-07-2013, 03:40 PM

I don't, but I will call my service person tomorrow and ask her if you can get to it.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:51 PM

I'm assuming you have a 7700. I do and I get this error all the time when switching back and forth between the APC (plate converter) and regular stitching. Here's what I do - I turn the machine off. I lower the needle to the lowest position. I turn the machine back on. I turn the hand wheel to raise the needle and bring up the bobbin thread. The LCD display now shows the steps to change from the plate converter to regular sewing or vice versa. I follow the steps, holding the bobbin thread tightly. It generally clears the error message at this point, but if it doesn't, I follow this procedure again.

I believe it's caused by a sensor that's telling the machine there is thread still in the path from the bobbin to the plate converter, but I'll be darned if I (or my tech) can find it. My dealer is pretty clueless and has been no help.

If this doesn't work, you might want to try removing the bobbin before you switch from APC to regular sewing or vice versa.

If I didn't love the rest of the machine so much, I'd have traded it in!

Please let me know if this helps.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:42 AM

thank you so much Lynda.

I tried that over an over again. As soon as I start to turn the hand wheel the E1 message pops back........ there is a strange sound and after I removed the stitch plate I could see that it must have something to do with the converter as the sound comes from a part moving to the right!?

I contacted the dealer and he told me to send it in and that all work would be done under the terms of warranty. At least that but the postage only will be around $80!?
Old 02-08-2013, 07:54 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by granny_59 View Post
thank you so much Lynda.

I tried that over an over again. As soon as I start to turn the hand wheel the E1 message pops back........ there is a strange sound and after I removed the stitch plate I could see that it must have something to do with the converter as the sound comes from a part moving to the right!?

I contacted the dealer and he told me to send it in and that all work would be done under the terms of warranty. At least that but the postage only will be around $80!?

I'm amazed that the postage would be only $80!
Good that it's still under warranty and hopefully can be there and back again, in no time.
........... though you are leaving ............
Old 02-08-2013, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by granny_59 View Post
thank you so much Lynda.

What happens if you move the handwheel with the stitch plate off? Do you still get the error? Can you try turning the machine off with the stitch plate off and then back on?
Old 04-09-2013, 03:16 PM

Crap....I just got the same message with my Horizon! In early March it wouldn't turn on and the mother board had to be replaced, fortunately under warranty and now something else is wrong. I use this machine a lot...at least three or four hours a day! Will bring to the shop tomorrow. I've had it just over a year and love it but not impressed with these problems.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:43 PM

Brought my machine in and it's the motherboard, again! Apparently some are just defective. It will be covered under warranty again but I'll be without it for a few days.