Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help!! Issues with my long arm! >

Help!! Issues with my long arm!

Help!! Issues with my long arm!

Old 07-26-2013, 09:04 AM
Power Poster

It's also possible that the needlebar needs to be adjusted up slightly to accommodate the higher loft batting. I don't know about Nolting, but that is an adjustment that can be done on my Voyager.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:16 PM

An easy way to tell of it's the encoders vs a skipping issue is to check to see if there are needle holes between stitches.

If yes, then it's skipping stitches and you need to troubleshoot tension of the quilt, take up bar height, needles, etc.
If no needle holes between stitches, it's stitch regulator related.

HTH
Old 07-26-2013, 08:32 PM

if the bar is too high it can result in the long stitches, if it is too low then the thread breaks - at least that is how it is for my Tin Lizzie.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:02 PM
Gay

This was the post I gave to someone else yesterday with the same complaint, though I have to say I think the machine itself is beautiful to use, and I love it.

Your problem may be the weight [too light] of the encoders on the tracks, they do not press down hard enough, this in turn affects the stitch regulater. I bought a TL 18 few years ago and had the same happen to me. Sometimes the needle would stay down in the fabric for 5/6 stitches, and it took me nearly 3 yrs to find the cause and fix, both encoders were involved. I bought some mechano-like bits from the hardware store and attached to the back of the carriage, then wedged some styro chunks between that and the tops of the encoders. It has fixed my problem. Even the shop I bought it from wouldn't admit to knowledge of this. I was sent new encoders, but the same again. The dealer must have known about it, because now , at the shows, they have a new carriage with different encoders. You should be very persistant in making your dealer fix this or return your money. [easy for me to say] But these things cost too much money to have so much trouble.
Will try posting a photo of my encoders, yours may not be the same.

Hope this helps you, it nearly drove me nuts.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]426298[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails encoder-1.jpg  
Old 07-27-2013, 04:38 AM

I think it may be the needle. I change my needle with each quilt. I took a class and this was recommended and so have done it since the beginning of longarming and rarely have any problems.