Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Help with pet hair, please!

There's a new gadget out that is supposed to vacuum the hair off your pet. As soon as it is available, I think I'll try it. If it's noisy, I think our chihuahua will head for the hills.

A damp sponge works very well to remove pet hairs. I keep one just for hair removeal.

Lots of good advice on this thread! I have also had great success with rubber gloves. Instead of sticky tape rollers I use Contact Paper. You know the sticky sided paper you use to line your shelves. It comes on rolls that are about 24" wide. I lay the quilt out on a big table and can do huge sections at a time to remove the hair. I think the contact paper is stickier then the sticky tape rollers too.

I try to vacuum and mop the floor area that I am in before quilting. However, that doesn't alway happen. I use a lint brush, the kind you rub one way and it picks up and if you rub it the other it comes off.

Quote Originally Posted by BRenea
    Have you tried the Pledge Fabric Sweeper? I recently bought one to "de-fur" my furniture and it worked well...a little expensive for something disposable, though.
    I, too, use this tool. I simply took knife and opened
    plastic and removed hair then put it back together. It has worked well for over 6 months doing that. Makes it cheaper!!

I've been using the Ideal Vacu-brush for 20 years. In my opinion it's the best pet hair picker upper I've ever used & it's still the same price I paid back then.

http://www.solutionideale.com/en/vacu_brush.html

i use baby wipes it workes great and a lot cheaper than lint rollers.
    wipe them across the surface it will bunch up the hair so it can be easly taken off

They sell those little rubber brushes that seem to pick up hair really well. We had a dalmation (in doggy heaven now) and I know what you mean about the dog hair. Sad when you go to buy furniture and you tell the salesperson you want a color that will match the dog, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MadQuilter
    When I first read your title I was all excited because I have lots of pet hair I could send you. But, I see you already have enough. Good luck!
    I love your reply!!!! lol! I, too, could help her out a lot!! Pugs are notorious for shedding, I never wear black! But I love my Pugs! Vacuumed our 32' RV & filled the trap! I use a Love Glove on them but it's only for short haired dogs. works good when I remember to use it! :lol:

Dee
    Roll tape on your hand and sweep over item. Or a sticky lint roller works well.

Blog Entries
    I have loved all of the ideas and have learned a lot. This board is the best! You have got to love quilters!
    Thanks for the help!

I have a white Turkish angora cat that sleeps with me. The quilt on my bed has black backing. I use the Pledge fabric sweeper and it works great. Much better than tape or lint rollers.

Blog Entries
    I have still found that the best way is how my mom used to clean her blankets and rugs.
    Hang them outside in a stiff breeze, and beat the tar out of them with a rug beater or a new broom.
    Leaves no residue and they smell great!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3