Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How About Using an Embroidery Machine to Do the Quilting? >

How About Using an Embroidery Machine to Do the Quilting?

How About Using an Embroidery Machine to Do the Quilting?

Old 07-30-2011, 11:20 AM

I do my designs without jumps too, they are a pain. It takes a lot longer when designing them but it is worth it. No threads to keep trimming. Its taken 5 years to design my web site and get the designs ready for embroidery as well as quilting. My customers love the fact that there are no jumps in the designs, not even in the feathers or the celtic.

Julia
Old 07-30-2011, 12:09 PM

Hi Julia...what is the address for your embroidery site where you have designs without jump stitches...Thanks
Old 07-30-2011, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by iamjanet
I have done this on my Bernina 830-E, but the biggest challenge is hooping the quilt. Not always easy depending upon the thickness of the quilt.

Janet in Ohio
I don't know about Bernina, but Pfaff has a hoop that has 2 'top' pieces - one is smaller and is easier to hoop with quilts.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:12 PM

yes I have xxx but I have to fix my buttons...that is tomorrows project, which design would you like to try?

yes it is new.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:37 PM

I love to quilt with my embroidery machine
Old 08-01-2011, 06:19 AM

I would love to try jps114a ...will this fit my hoop size of 130mm x 240mm in the XXX format...Thank you so much for letting me try this design out ...your prices are very good... I know that I will buy more if this sews out well on my machine..all embroidery machine seen to sew out a little different with the same patterns. I also have the number1+ by husqvarna but it only has the 4x4 hoop size. but have tired the same designs on both machine and they do sew out a little different.

Here is a idea for your site ..you may want to put up one of the smaller designs as a free download and this way folks can see how your designs sew out.. A lot of the site do this and I think it would help you with sales seeing you are a new site. just a thought, good luck with you site... :D
Old 08-01-2011, 10:56 PM

I did try having a freeby but unless the can auto download it is a big email problem. I an still new at web design so give me time...
Old 08-02-2011, 06:04 PM

Sounds good to me... I wouldn't know where to begin... so your way a head... take it slow and all will come together.. good luck
Old 08-14-2011, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by quiltmom04
And you don't need to hoop the quilt. Hoop the tearaway stabilizer or water soluble stabilizer and pin the quilt top to the stabilizer. Do a 'fix' or whatever your machine calls it to out a square outline around the area where the design will be. This gives it further stability. And like others have said, be sure the weight of the quilt is NOT pulling on the hoop AT ALL! I've done this on several quilts and love the look!
For the quilts you have done with the verious stabilizers, which do you like the best, or does it depend on the type of design? Some can be quite a pain to remove, and you would want every last bit gone.... Do you ever use multiple layers of stabilizer?

Thanks!
Old 08-16-2011, 08:42 AM

wWhen you quilt a quilt with an embroidery machine, you don't HAVE to use a stabilizer. You can either hoop the quilt itself. Just open the hoop as wide as it will open.

Or, use an adhesive stabilizer. Hoop it with the adhesive up - usually you'll have to dampen the adhesive just before you pat the quilt on it- and lay the quilt on TOP of it. Pat the quilt firmly in place. In other words, DON'T HOOP the quilt.

All the other 'rules' about hooping apply: line up the quilt as you would line up your fabric for embroidering. If the machine starts to sew in the 'wrong' place, stop immediately and fix the problem.

I hope this helps.